What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgraded stock HID bulbs to morimoto 5k’s, finally found a switch back bulb that doesn’t flicker, threw on brighter led reverse bulbs, led rear turn bulbs, led map lights and the dome light.

Still not totally satisfied with the light output on the stock projectors (I know the 5K doesn’t help). D2S retrofits on my previous vehicles are still far better

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Started to detail my engine compartment and then I seen the air filter was dirty, so started to remove that and then decided to order new plugs, coils and wires for it. The parts won’t be here til next week from Rock Auto, so I should have it all detailed by then. Some of you might remember I got quoted $2600 from my dealer up here for the parts, well Rockauto was $1072 cdn shipped and that’s all Motorcraft except for the wires as they didn’t show any, so I got Ac Delco of those. Here’s a couple pics of starting out.DAFD0B71-9D96-433C-9526-F81C3F9C3B35.jpeg9AA19473-FC0B-4739-AC1A-E9B6DF3FF611.jpeg83EADC9D-BBD6-46CD-8D2D-E3A0C2916D65.jpeg

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started to detail my engine compartment and then I seen the air filter was dirty, so started to remove that and then decided to order new plugs, coils and wires for it. The parts won’t be here til next week from Rock Auto, so I should have it all detailed by then. Some of you might remember I got quoted $2600 from my dealer up here for the parts, well Rockauto was $1072 cdn shipped and that’s all Motorcraft except for the wires as they didn’t show any, so I got Ac Delco of those. Here’s a couple pics of starting out.View attachment 321600View attachment 321601View attachment 321602
Looks good

I definately need to clean under the hood. What do you use?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good

I definately need to clean under the hood. What do you use?
For the parts I take off, I'm using "green clean" (simple green in US) and a scrub brush. For parts I can't take off, l'm using a tooth brush or rag and spraying black detail spray, like on the wiring and hoses, etc. Seems to be working pretty good so far. It's a slow process, will provide some more pictures. I'm actually using wax on the hard plastic surfaces as well. Yeah, I'm full blown retard when it comes to detailing. I'm trying to get this as close to new this time. I haven't figured out what will work on my valve covers yet, I've been experimenting, so stay tuned, nothing yet has worked, if anybody has a solution for those, besides removing and painting them, that is, let me know. SO far trying polishing them is making a mess!

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
Did that solve your leak issue?
Will find out after I drive home, I think the expansion line to the reservoir might be too long/fouled at the end too, so going to trim that.
For the parts I take off, I'm using "green clean" (simple green in US) and a scrub brush. For parts I can't take off, l'm using a tooth brush or rag and spraying black detail spray, like on the wiring and hoses, etc. Seems to be working pretty good so far. It's a slow process, will provide some more pictures. I'm actually using wax on the hard plastic surfaces as well. Yeah, I'm full blown retard when it comes to detailing. I'm trying to get this as close to new this time. I haven't figured out what will work on my valve covers yet, I've been experimenting, so stay tuned, nothing yet has worked, if anybody has a solution for those, besides removing and painting them, that is, let me know. SO far trying polishing them is making a mess!
For the valve covers, and motor in general i like using a light/diluted degreaser, usually gets most of the grime to wash right off