What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Good question. I measured the clearance from the drive shaft flange to the transfer case housing and there is 1.25” of clearance at very near full droop. I say near because the harbor freight Jack with pro eagle extension can’t get the tire off the ground. The big wheel pro eagle Jack did. There was about 1/8” of shock shaft not exposed on the passenger. I plan to use a block of wood to finish it off soon.

Assuming there isn’t any internal stops to worry about and the edge of transfer case to flange of driveshaft is the only thing to worry about, then we are good.

For reference I am running K96 deavers and 1.5” drop shackle from camburg.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HOLY, that's some travel distance.
Thank you sir.

Measures close to 17.5” total travel with 6.5” uptravel, if I remove the collar spacer on the icon bumpstops. I have them in to keep an eye on everything when going to full compression. Plan to take them out eventually though. We set the lower mounts for full compression without the spacer.

I plan to do some weld in bump stops and some frame reinforcements over the winter if all goes according to plan.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you sir.

Measures close to 17.5” total travel with 6.5” uptravel, if I remove the collar spacer on the icon bumpstops. I have them in to keep an eye on everything when going to full compression. Plan to take them out eventually though. We set the lower mounts for full compression without the spacer.

I plan to do some weld in bump stops and some frame reinforcements over the winter if all goes according to plan.
Maybe add some straps (limit), I'm no engineer, lol.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe add some straps (limit), I'm no engineer, lol.
That seems to be a interesting talking point. I did research it a bit.

I have not seen hardly any sprung over kits from any of the bigger names that run limit straps. On sprung under you do tend to see them. From what I can tell by looking at my bypass tube layout I have approximately 2.5” of travel where my rebound valving is outside the bypass zone. I assume, based on some research, that is so the shock uses full valving at the end of the stroke to soften the impact at full extension.

I may add limit straps as cheap insurance, but it appears, per my research, that they are not needed.