What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMONTES

Reaction score
Hey Guys !

Any of you folks tried out timken brand wheel bearings on any of your vehicles ?
Are they reliable and do they hold up overtime .

I’ve had a damaged driver side hub/ wheel bearing after some off-roading and ******* potholes in our country .

73b1dbcb9b80c429f83e9170cf13a821.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a Timken wheel bearing on my prius. It was good, no complaints. I think they are the preferred brand for the wheel bearing hubs replacement.

Last edited:

IDI-Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Previous owner of my ‘13 damn near tore the right rear LCA mount off, straightened it but eventually will reinforce it with this. Interested in pics also @IDI-Charlie !

If I recall he is talking about slot deletes/reinforcements, but I could be wrong. Pretty interested as I am a big “DIY” fan.

Pics? Interested to see what reinforcements are needed.

Correct Jake. Sorry it took so long to get back, between an injury at work and the weather we've had I haven't been able to do a whole lot. Managed to sneak out to the shop today though.

I wanted to have a setup that ties into the sway-bar mounts, but opted to hold off for now due to time constraints. Very easy to add if needed/desired in the future. Pulled inspiration from many different kits on the market - current iteration is similar to the Foutz version. If I were to cut them again I'd make a couple small tweaks to have fitment a little better in some areas.

These are 3/16" plates, though I didn't opt to go with 4130 like I originally intended. Finding new hardware for this setup was a bit of work, but I did finally locate bolts that are long enough. Unfortunately, the smallest quantity I was able to get put me at having enough hardware to do four other trucks!

Here are a couple pictures. Truck will be deep cleaned and paint touched up prior to final install - tore it down right after the final event last season and haven't gotten a chance to finish cleaning it.
3Ka3YQC.jpg
yxpfNRK.jpg
pg0LP0p.jpg

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Guys !

Any of you folks tried out timken brand wheel bearings on any of your vehicles ?
Are they reliable and do they hold up overtime .

I’ve had a damaged driver side hub/ wheel bearing after some off-roading and ******* potholes in our country .

Timken is about as good as it gets.