What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Cowpoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i need to do mine its pretty faded and cracked now

The sides were easy and the paint underneath is perfect. Minimal ghosting etc.

The Hood was a nightmare. The graphic was cracked and sun bleached, also the paint was severely damaged under the graphic and was cracked and peeling. Whatever the hood is made out of, it didn’t hold the paint well under the graphic. Also I know nothing about paint. Just my observations.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sides were easy and the paint underneath is perfect. Minimal ghosting etc.

The Hood was a nightmare. The graphic was cracked and sun bleached, also the paint was severely damaged under the graphic and was cracked and peeling. Whatever the hood is made out of, it didn’t hold the paint well under the graphic. Also I know nothing about paint. Just my observations.

Heat from the engine over time likely contributed to the damage.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
Getting ready for preventative repairs/replacements...Just noticed a slight small oil drip spot under the diff pumpkin? At first I thought the cover or seal around it was leaking. Not...further investigation revealed that I was starting to develop a rear axle pinion seal leak? I checked the U-joints etc., and didn't noticed anything loose, but at now 124K miles on original driveshaft, joints, and seal, I'm goin to take the proactive approach and gives me another post-covid quarantine home repair improvements series preventative action...

Gathered items; PS., did research on replacement parts and consensus was that the best seal replacement was the Ford Motorcraft OEM part for reliability and fitment, and the U-joints went with Spicer sealed life (5-1350-1X) because they are stronger than the greaseable ones? Any comments proving me wrong are encouraged.View attachment 161019

So I was able to tackle the rear axle pinion seal this afternoon and finish before dinner...NOT. I'm posting this as a help and for someone who hasn't done this on a Raptor. The first hiccup was the PITA the U joint was to get off on the bracket the attaches between the pinion flange and the driveshaft. And the second hiccup which lead me to post this for help, advice and as a public info post, was that Amazon, NAPA, Pep Boys, Advance Auto list the Spicer U joint for the Raptor or the F150 the same, (5-1350-1X) the bearing caps are the same size but the dimension across to the snap rings are 3.625 vs the originals I took off 4.188 (5-1410X) appears to match what I have...Is my truck a unicorn? Because the auto parts store list the smaller one and when I tried punching in the second part number, it kicks back that it will not fit? More research is needed! Anyway the pics below are just this afternoon's initial tear down. Tomorrow hopefully I will get more answers. Or just haul on over to the Ford stealaship and pay up for a set.tempImagei7jr0c.pngtempImageMW1DCV.png