What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
Getting ready for preventative repairs/replacements...Just noticed a slight small oil drip spot under the diff pumpkin? At first I thought the cover or seal around it was leaking. Not...further investigation revealed that I was starting to develop a rear axle pinion seal leak? I checked the U-joints etc., and didn't noticed anything loose, but at now 124K miles on original driveshaft, joints, and seal, I'm goin to take the proactive approach and gives me another post-covid quarantine home repair improvements series preventative action...

Gathered items; PS., did research on replacement parts and consensus was that the best seal replacement was the Ford Motorcraft OEM part for reliability and fitment, and the U-joints went with Spicer sealed life (5-1350-1X) because they are stronger than the greaseable ones? Any comments proving me wrong are encouraged.tempImagevPoaDk.png

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting ready for preventative repairs/replacements...Just noticed a slight small oil drip spot under the diff pumpkin? At first I thought the cover or seal around it was leaking. Not...further investigation revealed that I was starting to develop a rear axle pinion seal leak? I checked the U-joints etc., and didn't noticed anything loose, but at now 124K miles on original driveshaft, joints, and seal, I'm goin to take the proactive approach and gives me another post-covid quarantine home repair improvements series preventative action...

Gathered items; PS., did research on replacement parts and consensus was that the best seal replacement was the Ford Motorcraft OEM part for reliability and fitment, and the U-joints went with Spicer sealed life (5-1350-1X) because they are stronger than the greaseable ones? Any comments proving me wrong are encouraged.View attachment 161019
Post pics of the process! Good luck!