What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir. I was going to get the Moog’s after hearing a few good reviews but a friend advised me against it and so I just went OEM. They came with the retaining compound, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got done doing the mid-perch mod! My first mod after getting the truck last Saturday. Have to say it made a big difference in the way it drives and handles!

View attachment 156583
Looks like you dont have to remove the strut for this mod? If not I may move mine to mid perch and see how I like it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Notfred

Reaction score
Looks like you dont have to remove the strut for this mod? If not I may move mine to mid perch and see how I like it.

Correct, you don't have to remove the strut. I rented two sets of McPherson spring compressors from Autozone. I was only able to get 3 on spaced evenly but the extra one provided a little peace of mind as compressing springs makes me fairly uncomfortable. There is a thread on here where someone did a writeup with pictures, if I can find it I will post the link. For now here is a video demonstrating the process.

Having an extra set of hands goes a long way with this project. My brother came over to assist and I am glad he did. The first side went really smoothly but the 2nd side gave us some issues. Turns out we didn't have all of the spring compressors applying equal pressure and it let the spring bend slightly (couldn't tell by looking at it) and prohibited us from moving the perch bracket up. Once we realized the issue and torqued it down some more, the bracket was able to slide up.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The link for the Baja Raptor Run goes live in 1 hour and 33 minutes and I’m in agony because even though I have space on my credit cards and can afford it, my truck won’t be ready in time....don’t have a driving partner either...all my buddies are like Hell Yeah!!!! (Then....lemme check with my wife)...then they’re like sorry man can’t do it....

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Started on Project "Poverty-Runner"
I had lots of take off Raptor parts from my 13 and 14 so decided to build a 2wd Coyote play truck.
Truck will have McNeil 1 piece and bedsides, 37, 4:88's, Raptor lowers, spindles, uni-ball uppers, Deavers or a Spring under.. not sure yet. Gen 2 3.0 rears on fabricated upper mounts, 2.5x4 bumps, Front 3.0 using KHC shock buckets.

Taught myself to use a tube bender and started making the frame work for a tilt 1 piece

View attachment 155699 View attachment 155700 View attachment 155701 View attachment 155702 View attachment 155703

Sunday was a big day, and a full 14hours start to finish.
Project Poverty-Runner is in full affect..

Ripped off complete OEM front suspension, swaybar, hubs, spindles, calipers/rotors.. EVERYTHIG came off! Used a cutoff wheel and removed the top, sides and back of the shock bucket. Lots of trimming and grinding to get the KHC buckets to fit the way I wanted. The KHC buckets are a very well made, heavy-duty piece that I highly recommend if someone wants to convert a G! to the longer G2 style front coilover.
Installed Uni-Ball tubular uppers, gen 1 SVT lowers, Gen 2 FOX 3.0 (for now) R1 Rotors and pads, new 2wd hubs in Raptor Spindles.
Still have extended stainless brake lines and an alignment to do, but it backed out of driveway on its own.. so that was a win!!
F1 fr cut.jpg

MidTravel.jpg

KHC2.jpg

KHC shock bucket.jpg