What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long will a coating last? Looks good!

I don’t know exactly, It’s kept in the garage and is not my DD as I have a company truck I use daily. I am hoping to get a couple of years.

I guess it also depends on sun exposure and the weather. This trim discoloration may not be a issue back East like it is here in the desert.

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Do you know what the difference between the SEM bumper coat vs trim paint is? I have been planning on doing my wiper arms. What was prep like for the trim, light scuff? Did you use any primer for the wiper arms first?

The difference is the Trim paint is for metal parts and bumper coat is for the plastic type parts. I used a grey scratchy pad and SEM sells a product called "scuff & Clean" that is a thick paste that you use with the Grey scratchy pad. No I did not use primer on the wiper arms scuffed lightly and painted with the trim paint. I still had paint on the arms if they would have been bare metal then I would have used a primer.

Clean the part with the pad and scuff & clean, wash it with water and rag then spray and wipe it with rubbing alcohol then I sprayed it once more with rubbing alcohol and let it dry without wiping it. Three light to medium coats with 5 to 8 minutes in between coats. Don't spray it to heavy or you will get a run. SEM has some good video's on youtube.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't tried the Adams products but most everything else. They look good for a day or two then it looks like crap again. I am very satisfied with the results of this coating/paint.

ZKrEk8n.jpg

k0ydrBk.jpg

A56haNX.jpg

the paint looks good. #https://www.fordraptorforum.com/posts/907408 is the best thing I've ever tried. I've never been into the cleaning but this stuff is easy to use. worth a try for the rubber. they are a supporting vendor

Last edited:

other365

Reaction score
...if they would have been bare metal then I would have used a primer...

Yeah my wiper arms are pitted/sun faded down to metal in some spots. Planning to red scuff pad/clean/etch primer/trim paint. Will have to look up the SEM details to see if there's any uv protection or top with a matte clear. Truck has spent it's life in the Texas sun.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't tried the Adams products but most everything else. They look good for a day or two then it looks like crap again. I am very satisfied with the results of this coating/paint.

ZKrEk8n.jpg

k0ydrBk.jpg

A56haNX.jpg
You are absolutely right about a day or two temporary fix for sure

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah my wiper arms are pitted/sun faded down to metal in some spots. Planning to red scuff pad/clean/etch primer/trim paint. Will have to look up the SEM details to see if there's any uv protection or top with a matte clear. Truck has spent it's life in the Texas sun.

wonder if it would work to wrap them. this is one thing I'd try plasti dip or linex on. but mine are still good. I don't think powder coat would hold up.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the rear window trim, does anyone know if you can replace just that trim? Mine was damaged when I bought the truck and have always wanted to replace it if possible.