Washed my truck so hard, Rear Camera Guidelines are Gone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Try disconnecting your negative terminal for an hour. I did this when my voice recognition went out and it's all good now. It does a soft reset and you don't lose your phone settings and all that. It's worth a shot before taking a trip to the dealer.

OP
OP
shooterAMG

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Todd,

It looks like a lot of folks have already chimed in, but if you're still having an issue with disappearing guidelines, you can always have your dealer take a look. I'm happy to check out some options to assist as well; just send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership so I can start researching.

Crystal

Thanks for the offer Crystal, but alas, I'm out of warranty!

I popped the negative cable off for a few minutes, but no luck. I'm just going to try it for an hour like suggested when I have more time, and if that doesn't work, pull the whole battery, and if that doesn't work, not worry about it!

Thanks for all the advice,

Todd

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So did you figure out where you can shut it off in the display screen? And if so is it on or off?

OP
OP
shooterAMG

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I pulled the battery and let it sit, totally disconnected for well over an hour. Re-connected, started her back up, and nothing. I still can't engage the lines no matter how many times I press the "fixed" soft button. Not sure why it's gone wonky, but it has.

The lines are nice, but considering the cost of an hour of labor, or a new head unit, I can't imagine it's worth it now that I'm not under warranty. I might go by the local Dealer and see if they can diagnose it for free and give me an estimate.

OP
OP
shooterAMG

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, looked everywhere, nothing.

I did do some interwebs searching and there are a ton of posts on a general f150 site about this. Apparently, it's not that uncommon.

I'm going to try and reset the whole same Sync. Keep in mind, it is Microsoft powered. Sounds like it might need a Ctrl+Alt+Del!

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just a thought, had my entire nav lock up on me during a road trip, radio still played but everything else stopped. i pulled the kick panel on the passanger side of the center stack and unplugged the wires there for a few minutes. everything came back fine after that.

i dunno if that will help you or not, but might be worth a try.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would do a master reset and then get the MFT/Sync 3.6.2 file and reflash. If you have MFT!!!

At least you'll be able to rule out MFT/Sync/Nav as being the cause.

Last edited: