Was I wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A buddy of mine just test drove a 2018 800A super crew 3.5 with 44K miles on it. Dealer asking $63K and said they are in short supply. He asked me if it was a good deal. Not having any experience with the Gen 2, (I'm a Ged 1 guy) and watching the for sale thread on here and saw some pretty good deals out there. My recommendation was to wait until the trade in's started when the 2021 hit the market, true statement?

Thoughts?

wel...$65k is what is what I paid brand new for my 2018 ($72k sticker) in Oct of 2018. I think he should pass.

scuba_hova

Reaction score
Just paid $63k for 2018 SCREW 802A with 11k miles in AZ a month ago. Test drove another with 22k and dealer was asking $64, same package.

Stilldoggy

Reaction score
This. Last spring you could buy at invoice because covid. Things have only gone up since then.
Fully agree. Got mine the day before GA went into lockdown last year. Dealers soon realized they would be able to business as close to normal so prices shot right back up. I fee I got a helluva deal on mine. If I were to sell to Carvana sight unseen they are offering me 62k. Around 10k more than I paid.

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine just test drove a 2018 800A super crew 3.5 with 44K miles on it. Dealer asking $63K and said they are in short supply. He asked me if it was a good deal. Not having any experience with the Gen 2, (I'm a Ged 1 guy) and watching the for sale thread on here and saw some pretty good deals out there. My recommendation was to wait until the trade in's started when the 2021 hit the market, true statement?

Thoughts?

Terrible deal!
Bought my ‘19 Screw 801a brand new for 58k
Tell him to wait. Good grief these trucks are insane!