[VERIFIED] Raptors are loading up and shipping out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
recieved this email from my dealer about 2 hours ago:

Hello Gene,

Here's the latest scoop from Ford regarding the Raptors.

Subject:  2017-Model Year Ford Raptors Have Been Granted the OK-to-Ship

Summary:  2017-Model Year Ford Raptors have been granted the OK-to-Ship.

However, there are a number of retrofits that need to be completed and this will take some time to draw down the inventory of Raptors already produced.

The plant will be doing everything it can to prioritize retail orders and draw down the inventory by the end of the year.

NO ETAS WILL BE PROVIDED NOR EXPEDITES GRANTED DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF RAPTORS AFFECTED. 

It is recommended that dealerships let customers know that they should receive their orders by the end of December but individual orders cannot be traced nor can precise ETAs be provided; some of the affected Raptors are not likely to arrive at dealerships until after the 1st of the year.

Sincerely,
<Big Sigh>

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hello Gene,

However, there are a number of retrofits that need to be completed and this will take some time to draw down the inventory of Raptors already produced.

The plant will be doing everything it can to prioritize retail orders and draw down the inventory by the end of the year.

NO ETAS WILL BE PROVIDED NOR EXPEDITES GRANTED DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF RAPTORS AFFECTED. 

It is recommended that dealerships let customers know that they should receive their orders by the end of December but individual orders cannot be traced nor can precise ETAs be provided; some of the affected Raptors are not likely to arrive at dealerships until after the 1st of the year.

Sincerely,

"**** THAT" and "**** FORD" what a joke.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Hello Gene,

Sincerely,

Well that sucks.

Truck will still be worth the wait. This is a risk you take ordering a new build unit like this. Kills me to wait though. I waited 8 months for my 03' Cobra to get the second run build with Dark Shadow Gray instead of Mineral Gray. Every time I look at the car I'm happy I waited. I still have the car.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the question is that if you put an order in today, would its production schedule be affected by the 'retrofit' raptors or would it just slot into production as if they didn't exist?

aidan138

Reaction score
yeah I told the dealer about the same. out of his control and I'll be excited to get the truck when its ready. I just need to find myself a temporary winter car since I sold my other winter vehicles a bit too early. Just hope they get all the kinks ironed out soon.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
So the question is that if you put an order in today, would its production schedule be affected by the 'retrofit' raptors or would it just slot into production as if they didn't exist?

Common sense would dictate that the production line wouldn't be affected by inventory in the lot. But who knows.

Delmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ironic (or horrible attempt at diverting attention) that Ford would post this video today titled:
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor: Designed to Be One Badass Truck | F-150 Raptor | Ford Performance

And then have @FordTrucks proudly tweet on Twitter: See how the 2017 #F150 #FordRaptor went through the design process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FZQ-Q5sElo

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty pathetic that I can order a pizza and get minute by minute updates and I can push a button on the app and the delivery driver will personally call me to let me know his ETA. But.. I order a $60,000+ vehicle from a reputable auto manufacturer and they can't give me any sort of update to the ETA on a truck that has been built for 6 weeks.

It's not even the wait that ****** me off. I was told consistently for a month and a half that I had an ETA of 10/26-11/2. Then it finalized to just 11/1. I was told this by every source, Dealer, Ford Services (FB & calling), owner.ford. I understand that shit happens and things get delayed but customers should be able to appropriately prepare for the sale based on the updates being received. I sold my car in early October because I knew I could borrow some cars for a couple weeks while I waited.

I'm going to hold out as long as I can but Ford is really ******* up here.