[VERIFIED] Raptors are loading up and shipping out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is why my dealer told me that they actually usually pad the ETA date they're told by their rep by 1-2 weeks. Things do change, even last minute and he said it's better to have a customer pleasantly surprised their vehicle arrived "early." :)

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

The problem here is that we have more up-to-the-minute information than do dealers, FordPerformance, & FordService. Know a guy at the production plant and they know the trucks are getting loaded up for shipment? That's going to just make us super excited, anxious, impatient, etc. - and dealers/FP/FS still aren't going to have a clue about it.

I'll just be back here later this week when the shipping out has been confirmed by the system to say, "Told you so."

There's no way this is going past next week.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

More confirmation from the 2017+ Ford Raptor Discussion group on Facebook:
thumb

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

And another:
thumb

I don't normally pad the ETA's for a standard model order during regular production. They are usually fairly accurate unless we hit holiday season or winter travel issues. New model stuff like the Raptor I try to set everyone up for a long patient wait.

The customer who took the first order was actually the second one on our list. The first customer on our list passed when it came time to order. The first customer went on our list 6/15 and the second customer went on 9/15. So my customer getting the first truck has already waited over a year. He's been patient so far. I told him in the beginning to expect a delivery time of Dec or Jan.

The vehicle tracking info we have as a dealer is not very good. Each unit is bar coded and tracked pretty closely during transportation. Ford could easily use that info to provide us with more accurate information on where the vehicles are and when we will receive delivery.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ I'll agree Fords tracking ability stinks. There has to be more times than not a vehicle is scanned during the manufacturing process. Heck I get updates from Nike when my shoes are being made, finished, packed, shipped, etc.

I don't know what Ford can do to improve though. I suspect since they often have to go back and change things post initial run that they don't want that public. The other thing is I think you have a lot more people buying/ordering new models before they even hit the lots. Maybe Ford will adjust one day.

It seems even their GT ordering process has some snags and they are only producing 250 of those.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Official "OKTB" has been given!
Post from the 2017+ Ford Raptor Discussion group:
thumb

Just saw that. Good news.

I wonder since it's announced as a group if we had to wait on all of them to get the OKTB?

Last edited:

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw that. Good news.

I wonder since it's announced as a group we had to wait on all of them to get the OKTB?

Really kinda curious about whats cut off at the bottom about the retrofit.....