[VERIFIED] Raptors are loading up and shipping out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulhaskew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke to Ford Performance, Ford Owner and reached out to my dealer.

Ford Performance and Owner state I am still in production (thought it was built on 10/12) and ETA is TBD.
Still waiting to hear back from my dealer.

I don't expect customer service from Performance or Owner to know if my truck is going on a car hauler, only if an ETA has finally been established.

I sure hope that the Raptors are shipping though as the snow is here and I joined the FB group to see if there is more information there.

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snapshot from the Facebook 2017+ Raptor Discussion group

thumb

This guy knows a production line employee at the Dearborn plant that found his truck by VIN on his build day and took both photos AND video of it being built through the entire day - followed it right off the line when they drove it off finished at the end. I'd call this very credible.

I want to believe you (not calling you a liar -- seen a lot on this forum) but until I see my truck or a pic of someone picking up theirs, I will remain skeptical.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ran my dealer locate on 17' Raptors without the spray in bedliner option. There isn't a single truck without the spray liner that shows transit yet. I don't know how quickly our locator updates when a unit ships though. The units that have shown transit so far have been shipped for bedliners.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ran my dealer locate on 17' Raptors without the spray in bedliner option. There isn't a single truck without the spray liner that shows transit yet. I don't know how quickly our locator updates when a unit ships though. The units that have shown transit so far have been shipped for bedliners.

03'Darin, has the "OKTB" been given and made official? Do they ship the trucks rail to the outfitter that does the bed liners and graphics?

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
03'Darin, has the "OKTB" been given and made official? Do they ship the trucks rail to the outfitter that does the bed liners and graphics?

We didn't get word that OKTB was reached yet. Doesn't mean that it wasn't but we just haven't received word yet. I've been bugging my rep about that so I'm sure as soon as she gets words it's been reached she'll text me.

OP
OP
A

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My dealer has said they've actually received vehicles in the past even though the OKTB hasn't been given yet. They weren't allowed to sell them until they got the OKTB.

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer has said they've actually received vehicles in the past even though the OKTB hasn't been given yet. They weren't allowed to sell them until they got the OKTB.

So they would rather let the dealer be responsible for them? I would imagine that DTP is more secure than the typical dealer lot...

FWIW - my dealer talked to their zone rep -- they suspected another 2 weeks -- but that statement didn't seem very informed with facts - just more speculation.

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they would rather let the dealer be responsible for them? I would imagine that DTP is more secure than the typical dealer lot...

FWIW - my dealer talked to their zone rep -- they suspected another 2 weeks -- but that statement didn't seem very informed with facts - just more speculation.

God I hope that zone rep is full of it. Another 2 weeks + shipping and it won't be here for "Late Fall".

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I don't ever remember that happening here. I do know that we've received units that have "demo/delivery hold" on them. Which means they've found a problem that needs fixed so we can't deliver or even demo the unit.

We've had that recently on some Escapes, Transit Vans and Focus RS. The Focus and Escape were just software updates and the transit was a 10.1 hour fix.

We've got a sold GT350 that's held at the ramp right now for an issue. Rumor on that unit is the parts may not be available until Dec or January. That car had an original ETA of close to 2 months ago.

I honestly don't think our Ford reps are given that much accurate information about situations like this. It's been years since I've had a rep give me specific info about a delay or hold up.

FWIW my rep told me about a week ago that they were already a week past their target OKTB date and she wasn't sure when it was going to happen.

OP
OP
A

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've got a sold GT350 that's held at the ramp right now for an issue. Rumor on that unit is the parts may not be available until Dec or January. That car had an original ETA of close to 2 months ago.

I honestly don't think our Ford reps are given that much accurate information about situations like this. It's been years since I've had a rep give me specific info about a delay or hold up.

FWIW my rep told me about a week ago that they were already a week past their target OKTB date and she wasn't sure when it was going to happen.

This is why my dealer told me that they actually usually pad the ETA date they're told by their rep by 1-2 weeks. Things do change, even last minute and he said it's better to have a customer pleasantly surprised their vehicle arrived "early." :)

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

The problem here is that we have more up-to-the-minute information than do dealers, FordPerformance, & FordService. Know a guy at the production plant and they know the trucks are getting loaded up for shipment? That's going to just make us super excited, anxious, impatient, etc. - and dealers/FP/FS still aren't going to have a clue about it.

I'll just be back here later this week when the shipping out has been confirmed by the system to say, "Told you so."

There's no way this is going past next week.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

More confirmation from the 2017+ Ford Raptor Discussion group on Facebook:
thumb

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

And another:
thumb