Venison Burger = New Bumper, but what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not ran a front plate for years on all my cars and have only been pulled over one time. If you are driving a nice vehicle 99% of cops don't care (at least in Ohio). But.... There is always that one **** head that gets off giving out tag and tint tickets instead of doing real work.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am going to go with a lex motorsports bumper. they have easily been able to make changes to it compared to being stuck with a certain kind. there were a few things i want switched up and they have said yes for every one of them. and its not overly expensive.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honey badger looks like it has a poor approach angle. Given the choice between the two, I'd go Rogue.

SVC is coming out with a bolt on bumper so you may want to check them out too.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would NOT recommend a Baja type bumper for the area you live. In high deer population areas....you are asking for trouble as Baja-type bumpers offer minimal protection.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

I would NOT recommend a Baja type bumper for the area you live. In high deer population areas....you are asking for trouble as Baja-type bumpers offer minimal protection.

Damn, what the hell was I thinking.....

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can speak for the Rogue bumpers as I was just at there shop. I got to see some bumpers first hand and they are quality. What an awesome place. They have some amazing machinery and there welds are a thing of beauty. They sure earned a customer today.

OP
OP
Harblar

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's why I'm leaning towards the revolver. Seems like a good mix between Baja and protection.

Not overly concerned about deer. Pretty sure that's the first one I've ever hit and I've been living in rural SD all my life. I'm more worried about a pheasant taking out the grill.

I absolutely love my Revolver 2.0 from Rogue Racing. I mixed it up a little with the lighting setup and went with 10 of our Apollo4 cubes instead of a 40" curved light.

IMG_4256_zpsxis98qbq.jpg

Tons of pictures in this thread here: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/apollo-optics-rogue-racing-revolver-2-0-custom-tabbed-41139/

Saw your install thread. Looks dang nice!!!

If I go that way, I'll probably go with rogues radius bar versus individual cubes.

How'd you mount your license plate? It looks nice and clean.

Cleared some messages out of my inbox so I should be able to get on' snow from the couple guys trying to send me one.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Saw your install thread. Looks dang nice!!!

If I go that way, I'll probably go with rogues radius bar versus individual cubes.

How'd you mount your license plate? It looks nice and clean.

Cleared some messages out of my inbox so I should be able to get on' snow from the couple guys trying to send me one.

Measured about 40 times, drilled four holes. Bought a backplate that the plate itself mounts to and then bolted the backplate to the bumper.

OP
OP
Harblar

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see. I figured it was either something like that or a bracket that fit into the winch slot.

I think the Revolver is the route I'm going to go.

Still wondering, though, are the mesh panels/skid plate/etc bolted on or riveted?
I think I'm going to go with the dimples on the side, but I might consider swapping out for mesh down the road. It'd be nice if they were easily interchangeable.