GEN 2 Upon further inspection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Soele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new to me ford raptor was purchased out of state and delivered to me. I was unaware of the suspension modification. A Fabtech 4” suspension lift. I’m happy with the truck other than the suspension. I feel like I paid 7-9k under fair market value and the truck has many tasteful mods. Other than the lift kit.

I’ve researched and found that the removal of the kit is harder than just bolting back on factory suspension. I’m happy with the way the truck rides I’m just not into the lifted look. Especially on a raptor.

Has anyone removed one of these kits?? I see people here have talked about doing so but has anyone actually gone through with it. I retained all the factory bumpers suspension wheels tires stock intercooler intake exhaust in the purchase so I have all necessary parts.

On a side note, has anyone beat one of these kits up off-road, any known part failures of the shock extensions etc?

0a3bedd02b70b2f6cc8e5a383537b47f.jpg

Last edited:

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Replacing the suspension mounting brackets is the problem. To install that lift they have to cut off the factory mounting points. You will need to fabricate the brackets and weld them in the exact location the factory did. Can be done but takes a skilled fabricator to do it correctly.

OP
OP
Cody Soele

Cody Soele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing the suspension mounting brackets is the problem. To install that lift they have to cut off the factory mounting points. You will need to fabricate the brackets and weld them in the exact location the factory did. Can be done but takes a skilled fabricator to do it correctly.

I am aware, I’m looking see if anyone has done before and maybe has some pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I am aware, I’m looking see if anyone has done before and maybe has some pictures

unfortunately, there is not a shop in LA, MS or AL that I'd trust to do the work.

you should call texas motorworx in dallas as talk through it with them. They do most all of the heavy lifting on my truck and they know raptors better than anyone in this patch of the country.

OP
OP
Cody Soele

Cody Soele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, there is not a shop in LA, MS or AL that I'd trust to do the work.

you should call texas motorworx in dallas as talk through it with them. They do most all of the heavy lifting on my truck and they know raptors better than anyone in this patch of the country.

Sweet I’ll give them a shout