Upgrading to New IC and picked Mountune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FXT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the mounting. Double check mounting hardware before you begin. I was sent the wrong size cross frame support bolts. Really nice piece and turbosmart BOV mounts right up. My only wish is that the hose clamps were T-bar rather than the cheap worm gear. Overall I am really happy with it and install is very easy.

OP
OP
YodaMaster

YodaMaster

Reaction score
I went with the mounting. Double check mounting hardware before you begin. I was sent the wrong size cross frame support bolts. Really nice piece and turbosmart BOV mounts right up. My only wish is that the hose clamps were T-bar rather than the cheap worm gear. Overall I am really happy with it and install is very easy.

Nice! What did you see performance wise? Did you do the install yourself? If yes, how long did it take you?

FXT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No real noticeable performance gains but truck runs much cooler in Houston heat. I did the upgrade in anticipation of adding Cobb tune. Used Cobb on my Focus RS with IC upgrade and made a real difference. Took me about 3 hrs to complete the install.......including running to hardware store for correct bolts

4rdRaptor

Reaction score
JohnyPython,

Yes, I was in the same boat. Had my truck for 3 weeks and I was really torn between SVC/Full Race. I X'd Cobb out because I didn't like the silicon hoses they did. I thought they engineered a great product, but the hoses it what killed it on my list. I like what they did with the B valve, but Mountune keeps it in stock location.

FYI- if you want a cut frame bumper, Mountune might not be the choice. Won't know until I install it soon.

So I was between Full Race and SVC, until I saw Mountune. My installed was pushing SVC, but after showing him Mountune, he agreed it looked like a well engineered price, but he said for the extra engineering I was paying for it. When I said I got it for $1400, he said I would have too.

For anyone running Full Race, SVC, or Cobb, I think they are great systems, but for me it was on what I thought what is the best. Everyone has an opinion. lol

Everyone you are looking at are great companies. I also wanted something black behind my grill, not a fan of the silver.

BTW - I run Cobb CAI as I liked it the most also. lol

Yoda, thanks for the feedback. Looked at svc and full race ics, why didn’t you go with full race vs mountune? Full race looks very impressive. Are you running a tune as well? Thinking of mpt for a tune. Also is there really any reason to upgrade bov, full race seems to be pushing that and I’m not sure it’s necessary.

Thanks for the help!

4rdRaptor

Reaction score
No real noticeable performance gains but truck runs much cooler in Houston heat. I did the upgrade in anticipation of adding Cobb tune. Used Cobb on my Focus RS with IC upgrade and made a real difference. Took me about 3 hrs to complete the install.......including running to hardware store for correct bolts

Any thoughts on the mpt tune vs Cobb?

FXT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the access port. I’m sure Ngauge is fine. I don’t have to have the fastest Raptor in town. I have a Shelby for power and speed. Someone will always be faster and I like the drive ability and features accessport provides. These trucks are limited by the turbo size and unfortunately the stupid electric waste gates. Someone will figure out the wastegates and then my tuner using accessport will be able to support larger turbos when the day comes.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I figured I would put my 2 cents i. I read a lot of reviews and was leaning towards SVC, Full Race or Cobb. I did run across Mountune and started looking at them. In my opinion they have one of the best designs looking at IC, connections and tubes.

Today I called them and talked with an Engineer named Tyler. He answered every question I had and was outstanding. He was the reason I decided to purchase besides I think it has best design. If he delivered this support without me buying, I believe they will be there in the end.

I wanted everyone if you are like me and knew nothing about them, to take a look.

https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-EcoBoost-Raptor-Intercooler-Upgrade-p/6000-ic-aa.htm

We have their setup on our Focus ST and it’s excellent!!!

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We’ve put on and used Mountune products at our shop and it’s quality stuff guys. Yes Cobb is great as well as we are a Cobb shop since we are a Subaru shop, but because we have a dyno and so well versed at Cobb tuning, we’re picking up the tuning and mods of Raptors in the Sacramento area. I can tell you that if you go with Mountune, you’ll be very happy...