Upfitter Pet Peve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Okay... I gotta ask... anybody else on here constantly turning your lights/devices on with the upfitters accidently? Or is it just me?

I always hit them accidently going for my rear window or sunglasses.

Today (not sure HOW) I'm driving and see my yellow light bar on. HOW THE HELL did I hit the buttons. I never went NEAR them. Are they magically activating if I hit bumps or something.

I can't be the only one who's constantly hitting them on accidently right? I'm about to install a master cut-off for them

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay... I gotta ask... anybody else on here constantly turning your lights/devices on with the upfitters accidently? Or is it just me?

I always hit them accidently going for my rear window or sunglasses.

Today (not sure HOW) I'm driving and see my yellow light bar on. HOW THE HELL did I hit the buttons. I never went NEAR them. Are they magically activating if I hit bumps or something.

I can't be the only one who's constantly hitting them on accidently right? I'm about to install a master cut-off for them

Nope...its you!!

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm REALLY hoping it's not me lol. Come on I know you're out there!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I checked the rest of the internet and can confirm @hamster.

You are, in fact the only one with this problem.

:biggrin:

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's not the only one, i flipped them on too, but I've only had mine for 4 days :biggrin:

I keep flipping them on trying to dig for sunroof controls and not knowing where they are yet.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SEE I knew I wasn't the only one!

lmao i have nothing wired to the yet but have bumped them a few times.

i have a friend who is an electriction. he will help me when the time comes for install. nothing as crazy as his but a master switch say on 1 before the rest work.

Attachments

• IMG_20170812_222239912[1].jpg
    IMG_20170812_222239912[1].jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 30

1DXmk2

Reaction score
Actually, I've had the same problem a couple of times...I wired a set of back-up lights to #5 and have my dashcam on #6. #6 stays on all the time, but I've noticed that #5 seems to have turned itself on at times. I'm sure at some point I pissed off traffic behind me at night with the Rigid BU lights...