Help ID these wire terminals (upfitter relay block)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

A long time ago I tried finding a clean/no-cut solution for this and got nowhere. A recent radio and GPS install got me back into the wiring on my truck. Instead of jumping the output of the upfitters relays (that appear under the dash) to the pass-though wire back out to the engine bay, I'd like to pull power straight from the relay block and save the pass-through wires for other uses. I've pulled the terminals from switched side of the relay box and here is what they are. I haven't had any luck in finding them or even anything close. The plan is to just run wires (of the correct gauge for amp ratings) to a terminal block under the hood, then wire my accessories there.

Is anyone here a tech with a login to Ford PTS (Professional Technician Society)?

Here is what the MOTORCRAFT WIRING PIGTAIL KITS/WIRING TERMINAL KITS IDENTIFICATION GUIDE says...

To help identify which kit you need, Ford has started updating the Online Wiring Manual on the Ford PTS
(Professional Technician Society) website with terminal information. Not all manuals will have this information.
Here’s how it works:

• When you are looking at a wiring diagram on a 2013 or newer vehicle, click on a connector number
(C Number). It will take you to the Connector Face View page where there is a box that says “Check
for Terminal Part Numbers.”

• Click on it and it will display the Ford Engineering Part number of each terminal in the connector.
There also will be a chart that shows the terminal part number and the Service Part Number of the
Wire Terminal Repair Kit that will service that terminal.

I was hoping to find this somewhere but so far my results have been zero. I was hoping the upfitter relay block could be located on PTS and possibly a terminal part number could be identified.

I know I could cut the wires on the harness and use them but that's cutting the main harness, something I am not willing to do. Haven't looked at the junk yards but main harnesses for $300-400. If anyone here has one and is willing to cut this part out for me let me know.

I talked with @carstereocompany about this and he's chasing down with a friend.

Attachments

• IMG_5294.jpeg
    IMG_5294.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5293.jpeg
    IMG_5293.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5292.jpeg
    IMG_5292.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 5

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if entirely the same, or exactly what you are after, but...

An "ordinary" female crimp on spade terminal isn't something that would work?
I Googled "captured" and "enclosed" female spade terminal.

OP
OP
andreb

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if entirely the same, or exactly what you are after, but...

An "ordinary" female crimp on spade terminal isn't something that would work?
I Googled "captured" and "enclosed" female spade terminal.
Thanks, I have found those before and saw them at the auto parts store. They are close but not exact and I don't think they'll work but haven't actually test fit them. Both long sides are folded inward on these while the Ford terminal only has one side folded in. The upfitter relays are Ford specific and use a terminal that is NOT same as like a normal Bosch block relay.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you are way ahead of me then :)
I haven't had to work on mine yet, so wasn't sure what made them special.
Good luck with the shopping !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter