Baja design relay question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Needing help. I am wiring a 20” onx6 using BD relay harness. BD harness comes with a switch that I’d like to cut out and use upfitters.

There are three wires plugged into their switch, black, white, blue… Any idea what wire goes to the upfitter and what to do with the other two? image.jpg

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Use the uplifter switch to power the relay to the on position. I'll head out to the garage in a bit to look at what I did before the switch pro install.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use the uplifter switch to power the relay to the on position. I'll head out to the garage in a bit to look at what I did before the switch pro install.
Thanks.

Here is where I left off... Red wire (with fuse) and accompanying black go to their respective places on the battery that connect to the relay. From the relay I have the wire that obviously goes to the light, and BD switch that has black, blue, white. I would guess I only need one of those three to tap into upfitter to power the relay.

OR am I wrong altogether, which is a possibility.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Found my old harness. I cut out the white and black wires out of the switch circuit. Wired the blue one up to an uplifter switch. Main power direct to the battery.

20230730_094012.jpg
20230730_094023.jpg

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there a relay on that harness?
Yes. And 30A fuse

I’m fairly confident with the wiring from the relay to the battery and to the light, I just wasn’t sure which of the three wires from BD’s switch could be connected to the upfitter to power the relay

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Does that model have a backlight option? IIRC, my S8 had that option and I didn’t wire it separate, I just tied it in wit the main light power.

it sounds like you have it handled though...
ish.

Don’t start a car-b-que....