UPDATE - ADM WANTED Just got call to come next Thursday to Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I have a Bronco coming in a few months. So it won't be the end of the world if I get bumped to a 2022 Raptor. I think I locked in on Iconic Silver, but Lead Foot is still in the race. What color are you looking at ?
I keep going back and forth between LF and White. I love the look of LF but I’ve always been a sucker for white with bronze wheels.

I currently have a Magnetic F150 and I kind of prefer the contrast between the white and the accent pieces so that makes more attractive too. White is very versatile too which helps avoid the concerns of it looking like a construction truck.

If the 37 package didn’t pigeonhole you into blue seats, I’d go rapid red in a heartbeat since you don’t see many of them. Funny enough around here I haven’t seen a single white raptor. They’re all LF, black, or magnetic.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
I feel for you all who are waiting so patiently, I really do. Waiting sucks. But I hope you're internally managing expectations, because again, there is no way most/all of you are touching a Raptor for a long, long while.

Ford already announced that their Q2 production will be down fifty percent. Fifty. Percent.

For those not mathematically inclined, fifty percent is approximately equal to "one half".

For the visual learners, go look at the two cars in your driveway, and pretend that's how many vehicles Ford makes in a quarter. Now cover up one eye. That's a lot less, isn't it?

Ford execs must be making some tough calls in terms of production prioritization right now.The Bronco rollout is even further behind than the Raptor, and fleet customers can't get work trucks. There is simply no way the originally-promised Raptor production schedule holds up at this point.
All of this is on point, however let also realize the fact that they also produce 900,000+ F150's a year and the Raptor is a very small part of that and overall 50% is of all production. You point out the mathematics, so I would seriously think about the math on that. It would not surprise me that the Raptor will not be affected much. I could be wrong but I can tell you, as of last Friday I was told from VO that everything is moving along and unless there is another major issue, it will role out fine.

MrTorque

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of this is on point, however let also realize the fact that they also produce 900,000+ F150's a year and the Raptor is a very small part of that and overall 50% is of all production. You point out the mathematics, so I would seriously think about the math on that. It would not surprise me that the Raptor will not be affected much. I could be wrong but I can tell you, as of last Friday I was told from VO that everything is moving along and unless there is another major issue, it will role out fine.
“Roll out fine” what is the last delivery dates you heard?

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
“Roll out fine” what is the last delivery dates you heard?
I have not heard any dates for delivery, They are still on track for 7/6 production date. They will start production around that date. They have run at least 100 units already for test mules over the past few months. My personal guess is that they will get out as many as they can. Again, my assumption, but I like to be optimistic as apposed to some around here.

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 MY Raptor will be a short production run (3 months..basically this summer). Order banks open in September for 2022 MY and production will start in November for 2022 MY. Deliveries of 2021 will start towards the end of summer with deliveries of 2022 MY starting end of the year/beginning of 2022.

ROAD5

Reaction score
2021 MY Raptor will be a short production run (3 months..basically this summer). Order banks open in September for 2022 MY and production will start in November for 2022 MY. Deliveries of 2021 will start towards the end of summer with deliveries of 2022 MY starting end of the year/beginning of 2022.
I heard this same info.

OP
OP
D

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE - So here the story - friend of mine knows the owner of this dealership and put me in touch with the sales manger to get the deal done. Just got a call "Talked to **** and we would prob charge 10K over sticker for these with the chip shortage and all...but for you we will go 5K."
I was pretty shocked honestly.
I just said...I am not desperate for it since the 2022 will come out 3-4 months later and I have a vehicle now...I will pay sticker...Just said...
"What about 2.5K"...
Said..I can't...

Well that blows

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE - So here the story - friend of mine knows the owner of this dealership and put me in touch with the sales manger to get the deal done. Just got a call "Talked to **** and we would prob charge 10K over sticker for these with the chip shortage and all...but for you we will go 5K."
I was pretty shocked honestly.
I just said...I am not desperate for it since the 2022 will come out 3-4 months later and I have a vehicle now...I will pay sticker...Just said...
"What about 2.5K"...
Said..I can't...

Well that blows

It’s crazy that they talk themselves out of guaranteed money. I guess that’s just the luxury they have being in DFW. They know there are plenty of folks that’ll be itching to get one and likely pay that.

I’ll have to see what my dealer does when I finally get my order in. We have an MSRP agreement, although not in writing, but my current truck only has 29k miles so I’m not in need of a truck it’s just a want. I’ll walk if he doesn’t honor it and I’ll let em know he just lost out on a lifetime of business as a result. I’m early 30s and I’m planning to trade every 4-5 years for a new one for as long as Ford makes em.

Good on you for walking. I know dealers are hurtin but a ton of other businesses are too and they’re not acting like this.

Last edited:

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order banks open in September for 2022 MY and production will start in November for 2022 MY. Deliveries of 2021 will start towards the end of summer with deliveries of 2022 MY starting end of the year/beginning of 2022.
Where are you hearing this (or is it speculation)? If this is the case, I'm inclined to wait for the MY2022 and hope I can get 37s without the 70s **** blue interior... and maybe even a little bump in hp/tq.