I've got my hands full.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day I was washing my girl and noticed a fist size hole in my grill. WTF? I sure don't remember hitting anything. Not even a bird or rock. Fine! Off to my dealer and order another. Dealer:"Nope, can't order the top grill. Have to get the entire front facia".....to the tune of $1100 smackers. (ouch!) The first two sent arrived broken. Thanks to "carb" they are very thin and fragile. Third times the charm. I pick up my spendy goodie, center lights and all. So today I thought I have time, let's put it on. Having the new on hand to see the attach points is a great help. .....but! After two hours of my first attempt, something I rarely do. I gave up. I started this where I park her out in our gravel drive but the more I got into it the more "issues" I found. There are two 10mm lock nuts on each side of the grill part in additon to the many push locks under the hood holding the air dams in place. The driver side I was able to get by pushing the side radiator air dam out of the way. The passenger side having the washer fluid fill in the way required enlisting my teen son to reach in there for the bottom of the two 10's. Now what? Oh crap, the orange trim piece below the grill is over the top of the bottom part of the grill. It needs to come off. Perhaps the headlight assembly pops out like my old Ford does with a couple release clips. Nope! Owners manual says to change headlight bulbs, remove front fender liner. REALLY? Under I go. I see this liner is made of just pressed fiber and quite fragile. It's also tucked unter the fender flairs...than DON'T come off unless you remove the FENDER. One might get it out without damage if you remove the front tires. This is getting nasty! Pulling the liner back a bit so I can see how the orange trim piece is held on and it appears the front bumper must be removed. Holy cow! Can it get any worse? Getting this indepth in the gravel is a no go so I patched her together enough to move to the shop. I have to clear a space large enough to get her nose in there (I have chicks in a brooder in the way) because I am going to need a set of jack stands for the front to take off the wheels and bumper. What a MESS!

The question is, do you have access to service manuals? What are the Ford steps for this proccedure? Hopefully I can save some trial and lots of error.

I tried my ole standby, Alldata.com but they have ONE Ford manual for 2021 and that is the GT. Normally the have always had manuals avialable. The only other source I know is Helm and I had ordered on from them when I purchased my girl and was charged but the manual was never delivered. ..left a bad taste for Helm.

Keshka
Somewhere in Easten Oregon

OP
OP
Keshka

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked pretty well, only issue I had was removing the orange facia under the grill. Each end going into the fender clip. Those do not want to let go and it tore teh driver side clip pocket. Part is still functional but.... Maybe spraying warm soapy water in the clips (accessable under the wheel flare) to make them slid a tad better. The receiving hooks have no give at all. It's almost like the engineer counted on the facia flexing enough to go over the clips and then never come off.