UAW Strike looming, will build still happen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

splatz400

Reaction score
I finally have a VIN for my 2023, it was scheduled for build in September, but it was pushed to Oct. 9th, with the looming/pending strike am I still good? I'd like to think that since I have a vin (verse not getting a vin for my 2022 and it getting pushed to 2023) I will still eventually get that truck. Am I correct in that thinking?

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With your build being so close to the MY change over that has a refresh that’s tough. Ford has canceled VINs before so it isn’t definite.

No idea the extent of retooling for the refresh but usually that stuff is planned ahead.

Will be interesting to find out if they would rather delay MY 24 due to a strike, or cut short MY 23 production and use the down time to start the line changes for the refresh.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be a 2024 model;

“2024 Ford F-150 retail order banks are scheduled to open the afternoon of September 13th – the day after the refreshed model is revealed – at which time the build and price configurator will also go live. This means that eager customers won’t have to wait long to order their next new pickup after seeing what The Blue Oval has in store for it.”

mts

Reaction score
46% raise is what the UAW wants. No chance that happens.

No real way to know for sure at this point, but it's more than reasonable for you to be concerned about the timing of your build.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
46% raise is what the UAW wants. No chance that happens.
And no loss of union jobs when Ford switches to EVs, which take less labor to build. If you own Ford stock, dump it now. Between the class B crap and the union grabbing a big share of revenue, it's not likely to be a money maker.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can the big three just give the UAW a slight raise to never come back? In reality, they have to get that raise…how else will they continue to deceive the ‘workers’ into unknowingly funneling dues, thereby enriching the mob bosses, and empowering the Communist Party?
No. The UAW has them by the nuts. Why would they willingly let go and lose their ability to extort away the profits?

Reaction score
I just got notification from my dealership that they received a build start date for October 9th 2023 for my truck I ordered back in October 2022. Timing curious after I asked them about the order bank opening dates for the 2024's and the state of the looming UAW strike.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im in the same boat, mine is scheduled and in production as we speak for this week ,but Thursday is d-day

Attachments

• IMG_0839.png
    IMG_0839.png
    329.8 KB · Views: 14