UAW Strike looming, will build still happen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

splatz400

Reaction score
Well good news, it moved into production this week, a week ahead of the scheduled date. Now just need them to take a nice slow meticulous time building it so I can close on this second house before applying for my financing for the truck.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! When did you place the order?

My 2023 got built a few weeks ago, arriving at the dealer tomorrow!! I was convinced it would be converted to a 2024 and Id be waiting another 6 months, but got a call out of the blue from the dealer a week ago. Got a lot of mod removals to do tonight and tomorrow morning lol. Im a little worried about trade-in. The dealer you ordered from sorta has you by the balls, sure I could private sale but the sales tax reduction makes it a wash. I just hope they don't low ball me and say "take it or leave it".

OP
OP
S

splatz400

Reaction score
Congrats! When did you place the order?

My 2023 got built a few weeks ago, arriving at the dealer tomorrow!! I was convinced it would be converted to a 2024 and Id be waiting another 6 months, but got a call out of the blue from the dealer a week ago. Got a lot of mod removals to do tonight and tomorrow morning lol. Im a little worried about trade-in. The dealer you ordered from sorta has you by the balls, sure I could private sale but the sales tax reduction makes it a wash. I just hope they don't low ball me and say "take it or leave it".
Luckily for me, the dealer I ordered from is my brother-in-law's dealership, so I've got a nice little hookup for this order.

And I'm not doing a trade-in...

OP
OP
S

splatz400

Reaction score
Well, it took them about a week or two to build my truck and another 3 to 5 days for shipping, got to my dealership this morning! working on the logistics of when I'm going to fly up and drive it home.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I submitted an order for a 24 yesterday and my dealer stated truck should potentially arrive late Nov or earlier Dec. I was thinking late spring early summer. I guess with dealers lots full of XL/XLTs and Lariats they have production available for Raptors. The dealer I ordered from is a big dealer an allocation was not an issue.

Who knows we shall see!

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I submitted an order for a 24 yesterday and my dealer stated truck should potentially arrive late Nov or earlier Dec. I was thinking late spring early summer. I guess with dealers lots full of XL/XLTs and Lariats they have production available for Raptors. The dealer I ordered from is a big dealer an allocation was not an issue.

Who knows we shall see!
I haven’t seen a schedule date before 12/18 yet for the 2024’s

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Who knows we shall see!
If I knew the turnaround would be so quick I would have ordered a 2024 already. I've been dragging my feet for a couple weeks because I figured the strike would drag things out. When I ordered my 2017 and 2020 both took 6 months to take delivery.
Yesterday I was checking inventory on every dealer within 2 hours. On one dealer's website they had 2 2023's for $6K under MSRP. I almost jumped in my truck and drove there. Lucky I called first because they were both gone.
Now I'm back to ordering a 2024?

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I knew the turnaround would be so quick I would have ordered a 2024 already. I've been dragging my feet for a couple weeks because I figured the strike would drag things out. When I ordered my 2017 and 2020 both took 6 months to take delivery.
Yesterday I was checking inventory on every dealer within 2 hours. On one dealer's website they had 2 2023's for $6K under MSRP. I almost jumped in my truck and drove there. Lucky I called first because they were both gone.
Now I'm back to ordering a 2024?
I wouldn’t bank on turnaround being quick because of what a dealer says. I think realistically late spring early summer is where you’re going to be. And I take any pricing shown on a dealers website with a grain of salt because they never mislead lol. They were probably never available at that price and they just wanted to get calls or people to show up at the dealership. Raptors at MSRP aren’t sitting on any lots so no need to lower price that amount.

Last edited: