Ordered 2022 in March, received VIN # and build date emails for September, then got a delay email, still no sticker, will truck get built?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nauticalx

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I ordered a 2022 in March and received a VIN # and build date email for a couple dates in September. So far, no sticker populated and dealer doesn't know what's going on. Ford Performance chat wasn't able to determine status either.

Will this truck get built since it has a VIN? Or has production rolled over to 2023 already? Anyone in a similar situation with some insight as to WTF is going on?

Thanks!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Short answer, yes. If you have a VIN, it will get built. When is anybody’s guess. A host of factors could come into play that’ll delay the build but I’ll let you scour these threads to get a feel for what they are. Lol

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I ordered a 2022 in March and received a VIN # and build date email for a couple dates in September. So far, no sticker populated and dealer doesn't know what's going on. Ford Performance chat wasn't able to determine status either.

Will this truck get built since it has a VIN? Or has production rolled over to 2023 already? Anyone in a similar situation with some insight as to WTF is going on?

Thanks!
Since it has a VIN you will get a 22. Welcome to ordering a new vehicle nowadays. Good luck!

OP
OP
N

nauticalx

Reaction score
Excellent news!
Does this mean that it will definitely go down the line before production shifts over to MY 2023? If so, when is that "changeover" occurring?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You REALLY have to dig into some of these threads that discuss all of this. As we have seen in the past, some folks may get their MY23 well before you get yours. Like I said, it just depends. Now go dig through these threads. Use the search engine; that’ll cut your time in half.

OP
OP
N

nauticalx

Reaction score
You REALLY have to dig into some of these threads that discuss all of this. As we have seen in the past, some folks may get their MY23 well before you get yours. Like I said, it just depends. Now go dig through these threads. Use the search engine; that’ll cut your time in half.
Wow. That's crazy that a Model Year changeover can occur and then a previous model can roll down the line after those.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered 1/18/22, build date of 8/22, VIN and window sticker populated. Received an e-mail yesterday stating another delay. Not sure why, haven’t asked. I may just end up keeping my Gen 1, I love it too much.

OP
OP
N

nauticalx

Reaction score
It can’t, but it can be sitting in a lot somewhere waiting to get complete.
Okay, if accurate, that means my truck must get built in the next week or so because there are many folks with regular f150s showing that their 2023s are scheduled for next week.