Ordered 2022 in March, received VIN # and build date emails for September, then got a delay email, still no sticker, will truck get built?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

nauticalx

Reaction score
What did Ford and your say when you contacted them? Just “sorry, no clue”?
Didn't call ford corporate. But ford performance chat and dealer don't know what's going on..other than generic everything is messed up these days kinda stuff.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, if accurate, that means my truck must get built in the next week or so because there are many folks with regular f150s showing that their 2023s are scheduled for next week.
I think the changeover is this week, either way you should’ve had a window sticker prior unless the website was down last time you checked.

Probably two scenarios:
-Miscommunication from your dealer and your truck is probably built already and is sitting waiting on parts like a lot of others. If there is a day or two left for MY22 maybe it could be going down the line now.

-Unlikely, but something crazy happened where the VIN was scrapped or truck totaled / stolen. Usually your dealer is notified of that scenario.

OP
OP
N

nauticalx

Reaction score
I think the changeover is this week, either way you should’ve had a window sticker prior unless the website was down last time you checked.

Probably two scenarios:
-Miscommunication from your dealer and your truck is probably built already and is sitting waiting on parts like a lot of others. If there is a day or two left for MY22 maybe it could be going down the line now.

-Unlikely, but something crazy happened where the VIN was scrapped or truck totaled / stolen. Usually your dealer is notified of that scenario.
there's no window sticker.

OP
OP
N

nauticalx

Reaction score
I got the "YOUR VEHICLE IS SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION" email back in July. but tracker never changed.

OP
OP
N

nauticalx

Reaction score
Friend who is a GM at Ford store just said that he's seen orders with VIn issued that have been cancelled and never built.