Twin-Turbo SVT Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Killjohnathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the cost vs value over a supercharger? If this is going to cost 8k, doesn't a whipple cost about that much? What advantage do you get vs the supercharger? Just asking because I honestly don't know.

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the cost vs value over a supercharger? If this is going to cost 8k, doesn't a whipple cost about that much? What advantage do you get vs the supercharger? Just asking because I honestly don't know.

Adjustable power and Torque would be two off the top. Plus you wouldn't have to spend a grip on headers.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course. Right after I put my headers on. Any idea of a price range you are looking to be in?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Turbos are also more efficient than a supercharger. No parasitic loss from being run off the belt system since turbos are spun via exhaust gases.

Last edited:

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Massive bottom end, it's like having nitrous that never runs out.
Belt slippage and related belt problems come with high effort superchargers too.
A single large turbo is more efficient than two smaller twins due to housing tolerances.
Twins spooling quicker than an equivalent single is a myth.
Twins are typically just easier to package with v8's.

The turbo mounting and manifolds will be the biggest challenge.
Heavy turbos and glowing red headers is not a good combination, especially when you may hit some whoops at some point...
You can build beefy manifolds, but it's tricky trying to build in slip joints so that they can expand...
It'd be a real challenge to build a setup that could take offroading vibration and g load.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The turbo mounting and manifolds will be the biggest challenge.
Heavy turbos and glowing red headers is not a good combination, especially when you may hit some whoops at some point...
You can build beefy manifolds, but it's tricky trying to build in slip joints so that they can expand...
It'd be a real challenge to build a setup that could take offroading vibration and g load.

it will be a challenge to fit in there. it is friggin tight! the header install is a bitch i cant imagine how hard its gonna be to fit the turbos or how hard it will to be to install. i am still watching and depending on price may be interested....

CK@UPP

Reaction score

No belt slippage problems.

No additional side thrust load on the crank from over tightened belt tensioners.

No drop in fuel economy from parasitic loss of spinning the SC.

More power than an SC, again no parasitic loss. That being said it is not necessarily "more dangerous" because it makes more power. Relatively speaking 8psi is 8psi. Whether from a turbo or an SC. Both will generally make about the same (less thermo efficiencies) power just the SC's end up using that power back up before it reaches the tires (and the dyno).

More efficient than an SC. From a thermo standpoint they generate less heat than a PD blower (Eaton, Whipple, Maggi) and are more efficient. Similar to that of a centrifugal (Vortech, Paxton, Procharger). Heat is also one of the #1 causes of detonation leading to engine failure.

More low/mid tq/power than centrifugal. Centri SC's rate their boost at redline, so on an 8psi system, you don't get the full 8psi till right about redline. Turbos have inherent lag, but generally 1/3 of the way through the RPM band they're fully spooled and you have your full 8psi to enjoy.

Noise when you want it, but not when you don't. Centri's are constantly pushing air (and generating heat) the unused air is disposed of through the BOV constantly when not under heavy load. The result is you get to listen to a WHISSSSHHHHHH while you cruise down the highway doing 80....constantly.....

Options for adjustable boost, including via switch on the fly, vs changing pullies/belts.

Generally speaking turbos systems are more complex, and therefore more expensive than SC's. But if your quest is for power, they provide more and are generally worth the investment.

Just my .02......but I'm very partial to turbos....

CK

Last edited:

Dkyle1220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what about a single turbo or possibly the compound or sequential turbos? One big and one small turbo vs. two identical turbos.