Turning Radio off when Truck is Turned Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Simple. Turn the radio off when you leave the truck. I have a systematic way of exiting my truck:

Heated Seats Off.
Radio volume all the way down.
Radio Off.
AC/Heat Off.
Parking Lights on/headlights off (if at night).
Open door.
Turn parking lights off.
Close door.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
find the accessory delay relay and find the wire that drops to 0V when you open the door...cut the wire. :D it will never run the accessory delay

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Simple. Turn the radio off when you leave the truck. I have a systematic way of exiting my truck:

Heated Seats Off.
Radio volume all the way down.
Radio Off.
AC/Heat Off.
Parking Lights on/headlights off (if at night).
Open door.
Turn parking lights off.
Close door.

do you also lock/unlock your front door exactly 17 times when you get inside and then wash your hands for 11 minutes?

OP
OP
Kraka

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
find the accessory delay relay and find the wire that drops to 0V when you open the door...cut the wire. :D it will never run the accessory delay

Pics? Is this something you have done? Maybe puting in a switch or something on it. If that wire is cut, it won't affect the nav or anything right? I don't want to mess anything up.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Pics? Is this something you have done? Maybe puting in a switch or something on it. If that wire is cut, it won't affect the nav or anything right? I don't want to mess anything up.

i don't have a clue what it will do. just a thought. maybe jd or pirate can offer some help.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do you also lock/unlock your front door exactly 17 times when you get inside and then wash your hands for 11 minutes?
No, but I do have hand sanitizer in the door pocket *******. :)
The NAV still comes on when the power is applied. So that won't work.
The NAV comes on, but it's just a map display. The GPS is not powered on until the truck is running. You specifically mentioned that your sub was playing music and that was how you figured this issue out -- so turn off the radio.

I guess what I am wondering, is... Is what are you trying to accomplish? Your screen from being on when you're not inside the truck? Big deal. Your battery not going dead? It won't, as it's on a ten-minute-timer.

What are you trying to do?

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right when I am pissed and having a bad day, all I have to do is come here and read this totally funny shit with Bird and Swoop. Laugh out Loud!