Turning Radio off when Truck is Turned Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
do you also lock/unlock your front door exactly 17 times when you get inside and then wash your hands for 11 minutes?

Lol.

Reminds me of the procedure to turn off the seatbelt idiot buzzer in later F150s. Doing it in the Raptor was pretty painless, but my 2003 F150 was just stupid - comindation of key turns, door locks, seatbelts - and if you screwed up the sequence, you get to start all over again.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right when I am pissed and having a bad day, all I have to do is come here and read this totally funny shit with Bird and Swoop. Laugh out Loud!
Not trying to be funny -- I'm trying to understand what the ultimate end goal is. Kraka being in the military, he should understand and respect that aspect of things, lol.

I hate it when my supervisors tell me to do something and all they say is the equivalent of, "Go to the door." No shit, then what? Kick the door? Open the door? **** the doorknob? I mean, what's the goal here? That's all and then I'd love to help.

Reminds me of the procedure to turn off the seatbelt idiot buzzer in later F150s. Doing it in the Raptor was pretty painless, but my 2003 F150 was just stupid - comindation of key turns, door locks, seatbelts - and if you screwed up the sequence, you get to start all over again.

Whats a "comindation"? You talking about comindations, ******** and starting over makes me happy in the pants. :)

But really. To program new key-fobs, or the 2011 F-150 key to work with our trucks, you have to turn off and on the ignition 8 times. It killed me to do it to the truck as I know it's gotta be pretty sensitive in there, but on and off I went for 8 cycles like it was my bitch!

OP
OP
Kraka

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swoop. You sound a bit piterved. Either way, simply put. I don't want the screen on. I know it is not going to run down my battery. But why draw more attention to an already attentionable truck? Specially at night when the thing is bright as shit. It like, "Hey look at me look at me".

OP
OP
Kraka

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And not really sure attentionable is a word but it sounded right at the time.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Swoop. You sound a bit piterved. Either way, simply put. I don't want the screen on. I know it is not going to run down my battery. But why draw more attention to an already attentionable truck? Specially at night when the thing is bright as shit. It like, "Hey look at me look at me".
Understand that! It is very bright and I sometimes forget that aspect as at night, I run all my interior lights as low as they can go. Hmm... I guess then that the solution to your issue is not going to come from me at this point. I would say decide if you're actually going someplace before you start the truck.

I'm not perverted -- just a guy sitting in a hotel room waiting on a home to close with nothing else to do but browse the FRF and talk to myself.
And not really sure attentionable is a word but it sounded right at the time.

Not too sure about 'piterved' either.:005:

Ha! Good call, both of you.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score

turn the screen off you can make it completely dark.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
turn the screen off you can make it completely dark.

Indeed you can, but you have to press the "DISP" button either once or twice depending on what you want to do and that resets every time you turn the truck on/off. So that wouldn't solve his problem. The only thing I could think of to do is get one of those 3M screen privacy things and cut it to shape -- but then during driving you wouldn't be able to see the screen very well from the drivers seat.

I still say make a commitment to drive someplace before you fire it up! :jester:

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Ha you guys have one hell of a convo going on. Birdman did solve your problem you can even remove the accessory delay relay. you won't have a stereo but at the same time you don't have to worry about it actually turning on. The way to by pass the delay on the radio is a blue wire on the back of the ACM (audio control module) or find it by your SJB ( smart junction box) simply cut the wire and rewire it to a different ckt that will only turn on in acc or run position. Then when you shut the key off the stereo will automatically shut off with the engine. It could prob be done in an hour or less.