Turning Radio off when Truck is Turned Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is my delima. Every once and again I will remote start my truck and then decide not to go anywhere, so I turn it back off. The problem is the Nav stays on. I have waited up to about 8 mins before and it still didn't shut off. Now I know it stays on until you open the door, but that is what I don't want to do. If I decide not to go anywhere or I accidentally hit the remote start. I have to go outside and open the door for the radio to turn off.

So the question is; Is there a way to have the radio turn off when the truck turns off? Is there an option in the Menu or is that something the dealership can do?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
The only thing I know is that it stays on for exactly 10 mins before powering off. If there is a way of resetting that I haven't seen it.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Yeah it's 10 min bursts that it stays on for. I know cause I'm always waiting for my son at school and every 10 minutes I have to turn the key to have the radio on again.

OP
OP
Kraka

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10 mins is a freakin long time. If I forget to turn the radio down it sets off my warn away from time to time if the bass hits to hard. Thats how I found out the first time that it was still on.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
10 mins is a freakin long time. If I forget to turn the radio down it sets off my warn away from time to time if the bass hits to hard. Thats how I found out the first time that it was still on.

Hahha That would suck. Well I haven't read the whole manual yet but maybe something is in there.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Your radio is controlled by an accessory delay relay. I don't know of any setting to turn it off or not. When you turn the key off your accessories will still have power until battery voltage drops around 12v and relay will shut off or someone opens the door and will shut off the relay sooner.

lacrosseman812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm i havent heard bout the radioe coming on in anyother car till the key is put in cause when i start my car i have to go and turn the key in it for any electiric to start