Trying to decide: SVC or Cobb intercooler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yugnat

Reaction score
I hate to put up another 'vs' type thread on intercoolers but wanted to ask before buying - I already read as much as I could find on the forum but the Cobb is a bit newer so not many comparisons.

I'm trying to decide between the SVC and Cobb intercoolers, which would you pick? I do plan on an SVC or ADD front bumper. I like everything about the SVC except the choice to go with sheetmetal ends vs cast like the Cobb. If I'm right, the Cobb seems like it will be a little more efficient than the SVC. The SVC seems like it might play a little nicer with front bumpers. I'm pretty torn... what are everybody's thoughts between the 2? Thanks!

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
Only thing I could possibly see as an advantage then is since it does have that approval, a dealer "MIGHT" give you less of an issue on a possible warranty claim. That's a big "IF", but who knows, sometimes every little bit helps. Of course if you're going to add a tune, then this really won't matter anyway.

Lwlandy

Reaction score
I don't think you will go wrong with either. I went with SVC as i liked the fact the dump valve was relocated up on the side of the IC. I have been running it for the last year and 3 months with zero issues.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
if you are going to do an svc bumper, get the svc IC. The svc IC has the in/out ports on their IC as slightly different angles because their bumpers tuck in pretty tight.

If you go cobb IC, you may have to modify the IC, bumper, or both to make them fit.

OP
OP
Y

yugnat

Reaction score
if you are going to do an svc bumper, get the svc IC. The svc IC has the in/out ports on their IC as slightly different angles because their bumpers tuck in pretty tight.

If you go cobb IC, you may have to modify the IC, bumper, or both to make them fit.

Thanks - I started to get more of a sense of this the more I researched. I have the ACC so want to make sure I get a good bracket solution for my '19 without having to rig things up too much.