FMIC Preference (Cobb, FullRace, SVC, etc.)

What FMIC do you run?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The highest charge temp I've ever seen in my truck is 135F.. that's not going to affect the radiator or condenser because it's about half of their operating temperature..
Wrong, any engineer will tell you that increasing the air temp to the radiator wil reduce its effectiveness. Hence, outlet water temp will increase

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The highest charge temp I've ever seen in my truck is 135F.. that's not going to affect the radiator or condenser because it's about half of their operating temperature..
Yea it’s also sitting against a hot radiator instead of nothing behind it like the stock location, there are trade offs. I’ve seen applications in road cars that make 1000+ whp with cores that are 5-6” thick. If it’s a properly designed core I think it would have to be excessively thick before you lose much efficiency.

On the Raptor I think both intercooler locations work pretty well with some pros, cons, and trade offs to each. But if you want to run a winch or frame cut bumper, you have one choice.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea it’s also sitting against a hot radiator instead of nothing behind it like the stock location, there are trade offs. I’ve seen applications in road cars that make 1000+ whp with cores that are 5-6” thick. If it’s a properly designed core I think it would have to be excessively thick before you lose much efficiency.

On the Raptor I think both intercooler locations work pretty well with some pros, cons, and trade offs to each. But if you want to run a winch or frame cut bumper, you have one choice.
Agree, but you have to oversize the radiator to make up for the increased air temp and possible loss of air flow and velocity

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree, but you have to oversize the radiator to make up for the increased air temp and possible loss of air flow and velocity
Definitely agree in theory, but in the real world on the Raptor it seems like the relocated intercoolers don’t cause enough reduction in radiator efficiency to matter much, AS LONG AS you don’t have huge bumper mounted lights in front of them as well. Intercooler and lights in front of the radiator does tend to cause issues.

But yes, I agree with you and I run the stock bumper, so I prefer to run a stock location intercooler. In my opinion the Raptor benefits from a massive frontal area that you can use for cooling, might as well use it all and maximize cooling to both exchangers.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wrong, any engineer will tell you that increasing the air temp to the radiator wil reduce its effectiveness. Hence, outlet water temp will increase
You're right, I should not have said no effect but I'd bet it's little to none, unless maybe if you're in some extreme towing case where the pedal is down for a extended time going up a mountain.. the radiator is also getting clean air from around the sides of the intercooler and at least on the SVC there is about a 1.5 inch gap between the fmic and the cooling module

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're right, I should not have said no effect but I'd bet it's little to none, unless maybe if you're in some extreme towing case where the pedal is down for a extended time going up a mountain.. the radiator is also getting clean air from around the sides of the intercooler and at least on the SVC there is about a 1.5 inch gap between the fmic and the cooling module
Not going to try to explain heat transfer again.