FMIC Preference (Cobb, FullRace, SVC, etc.)

What FMIC do you run?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are lots of threads on FMICs, but I didn't find one comparing them. What intercooler did you choose and why? Is there much difference between brands? Cobb, Full Race, SVC, etc.

I'm not a noob to Raptors, but definitely a noob to intercoolers.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on your front bumper. If you keep your OEM bumper, then it really doesn’t matter. They all perform way better than stock and will minimize heat soaking. Just doing an OEM location IC upgrade makes a significant difference. So unless you go frame cut, it’s not necessary to move to a FMIC behind the grille.

If you go aftermarket bumper and have to relocate your ACC, SVC makes the best ACC relocation bracket IMO. On my Gen 2, I could never get my ADD bracket to work correctly with ACC and know quite a few people with FullRace and Cobb set ups that have had similar issues. Very annoying if you like to use cruise control. I am a huge believer of the FMIC upgrade as the performance difference is significant, but given all the issues on my Gen 2, I decided to keep the OEM bumper stock on the Gen 3 because it wasn’t worth the headache.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are lots of threads on FMICs, but I didn't find one comparing them. What intercooler did you choose and why? Is there much difference between brands? Cobb, Full Race, SVC, etc.

I'm not a noob to Raptors, but definitely a noob to intercoolers.
After doing some research it looks like Full race , possibly cobb , and mountune all get their cores from CSF racing:

So in that respect its kind of same shyte but different piping angles and materials . Cobb has soft piping for the inlet.

Svc gets their core from another mfg.
Also seems to be a smaller volume .

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the input. I have an ADD bumper currently, but much like you’ve pointed out the ACC issues have me considering going back to stock. I’d like to do an intercooler either way.