TRX vs Raptor Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I bet half of those trucks available are because people were tired of the 5-10 mpg average. We all have heard “you drive an $80k truck who cares about gas costs blah blah blah” but it does matter

This is like buying the 500 Smith and Wesson and complaining about the recoil. If you want to shoot the most powerful production handgun in the world, profound recoil is the price you pay for admission.

10mpg is no worse than a 7.5 liter big block Ford/Chevy. I rather liked that 460 ’69 Cougar I had.

Ok, so I won’t be able to go as far between fill ups.

RaptorND

Reaction score
This is like buying the 500 Smith and Wesson and complaining about the recoil. If you want to shoot the most powerful production handgun in the world, profound recoil is the price you pay for admission.

10mpg is no worse than a 7.5 liter big block Ford/Chevy. I rather liked that 460 ’69 Cougar I had.

10 mpg is on the generous side. I have to city drive sometimes and I’d be looking at closer to 5. My statement was just the reality of the probable reason some people traded their trx so soon. The want for crazy power turns into buyers remorse sometimes. Not knocking the trx cuz I do like it. Get what you like to have. And to counter your gun analogy on why I picked the raptor, I prefer the smith and Wesson m&p 9mm because it’s lighter , holds more ammo , plenty powerful and more accurate lol!

belacyrf

Reaction score

I'm sure there are plenty of people with your perspective, but there has to be a reason that TRX's are hitting the used car market at a rate that is 12X the rate of Raptors.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there are plenty of people with your perspective, but there has to be a reason that TRX's are hitting the used car market at a rate that is 12X the rate of Raptors.
it's because ram is building as many TRX as they can, (as mentioned earlier), and Ford isn't...

Also, some "younger" buyers who want to own the fastest production truck on the planet, often buy what they can't afford (loan, fuel, insurance), especially in this political climate, where people probably never expected let's go Brandon to so quickly destroy America's fuel/energy industry and cause such inflation, because of his ineptibility, or more likely, Obama and his Dem minions planned destruction of this country...:scum:

And trust me boys and girls (oops probably be banned for saying that nowadays) the woke narcissistic left DONT LIKE TRUCKS... and it don't matter what brand...

So if you vote for these idiots, you will get what you deserve... But if you love your truck and your country you'll vote these ******** out...

Enjoy your American truck... Ram, Ford, Chevy, whatever... while you can...

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it's because ram is building as many TRX as they can, (as mentioned earlier), and Ford isn't...

That doesn't explain why people are trading in their TRXs so quickly. And Ford is producing as many Raptors as they can.

Also, some "younger" buyers who want to own the fastest production truck on the planet, often buy what they can't afford (loan, fuel, insurance), especially in this political climate, where people probably never expected let's go Brandon to so quickly destroy America's fuel/energy industry and cause such inflation, because of his ineptibility, or more likely, Obama and his Dem minions planned destruction of this country...:scum:

Politics aside (not that I disagree about that) but this makes more sense. Sticking with the gun analogy, people may be told that a particular gun has a lot of recoil, but until they live with it and get used to, they can't say for sure whether they can live with it or not. I've never had a vehicle that average 12 mpg (or whatever TRX real world average is) and I may think my bank account can handle it, even when gas prices go up, I don't really know for sure till I experience first hand.

And trust me boys and girls (oops probably be banned for saying that nowadays) the woke narcissistic left DONT LIKE TRUCKS... and it don't matter what brand...

Oh, they like trucks, many of them own them. No doubt that they will be buying up electric trucks.

So if you vote for these idiots, you will get what you deserve... But if you love your truck and your country you'll vote these ******** out...

Enjoy your American truck... Ram, Ford, Chevy, whatever... while you can...

Ram isn't American owned...debatable if they really can be considered American anymore. Of course, when you consider where it's owned, designed, parts made, built, etc...nothing is 100% American anymore.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ford is producing as many Raptors as they can.
Are they now?
To be fair, the whole F series line seems to be affected, and nobody’s lots are particularly full but... I’ll ask - is it really as bad at other manufacturers as it is Raptor shopping?

I've never had a vehicle that average 12 mpg (or whatever TRX real world average is) and I may think my bank account can handle it, even when gas prices go up, I don't really know for sure till I experience first hand.

You have to be prepared, for sure. I think it would be a bunch easier in a beater 4x4 and not the Raptor / Tremor / TRX you just dropped 4 score thousand dollars on...

I had 2x Olds 455’s and the 460 Cougar. I wish I’d been a bit older when I owned them so I’d have been able to better build them up. I fried the TH400 behind one of the 455’s not rebuilding it after building up the motor. Man it was fun as hell while it lasted. The Cougar was a 2nd car, in really good condition for the most part, but man that 460 was shoehorned in there. Loud as hell, 390 gears, set of car alarms in parking lots. It wasn’t really that fast but and frankly that’s good because it had drum brakes. I made... 3 passes in the 1/4 mile and that was enough. I remember the first pass I hit the brakes and literally nothing happened.

The TRX and of course the car siblings are modern and have to be a ton of fun.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read an article this morning stating that title belongs to the Rivian now. Next month, it will be something else. Like you said...enjoy your ride, whatever it may be.
I'm talking about real trucks... Not EVs...

But if that's what you want enjoy it I don't give a rip... But when the grid goes down don't complain and cry... But when the gas pumps go down I will be for sure:banghead: