TRX vs Raptor Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jazroc56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on your avatar, taking a picture of your narcissistic self, you'd probably like that wouldn't you
Based on your avatar, taking a picture of your narcissistic self, you'd probably like that wouldn't you? But sorry you'll have to go back inside to receive that treatment from one of your closer
Are you claustrophobic in that closet, clown?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Holy crap. Can you guys just have a damn civil conversation about trucks? Who gives a damn if one guy likes a TRX and ther other likes a Raptor. Is that going to hurt your feelings? Stop being soft and just accept one person likes one truck and the other like another truck. Wow you guys are salty...

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Based on your avatar, taking a picture of your narcissistic self, you'd probably like that wouldn't you? But sorry you'll have to go back inside to receive that treatment from one of your closer roommates...

You to. Both you guys need to chill..

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Shaggy peeps are just so passionate about there machines. But the manhood related comments aren’t cool.

I just find it quite interesting how even a guy who owned a Raptor and goes out and buys a TRX, still takes the time out of his busy day and comes back to the Raptor forum to BS and gain knowledge from the original home of the Baja/off-road super truck. Why is that? Folks here are still the most hardcore? Or is it a show and tell? I guess some of these brothers have alot of time on there hands, I don’t really know.

All are welcome, it’s more food for thought and comparison.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Buying a TRX is like marrying a fat chick that has a "skilled" mouth. Problem is, someone still has to feed her but you keep telling yourself it's worth it. Sure, you'll power through a few more bedroom sessions, but in the back of your mind, you know your buddies laugh at you behind your back and eats away at you.

The constant sink full of dirty dishes and the pile of KFC boxes in the corner may finally open your eyes.

Sorry.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What happens when someone puts a fuel cell behind the axle on a TRX? Gains more capacity/range and helps balance the front-back weight distribution.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
@Shaggy peeps are just so passionate about there machines. But the manhood related comments aren’t cool.

I just find it quite interesting how even a guy who owned a Raptor and goes out and buys a TRX, still takes the time out of his busy day and comes back to the Raptor forum to BS and gain knowledge from the original home of the Baja/off-road super truck. Why is that? Folks here are still the most hardcore? Or is it a show and tell? I guess some of these brothers have alot of time on there hands, I don’t really know.

All are welcome, it’s more food for thought and comparison.
Well, I’m a former 2020 Raptor owner and currently a 2021 TRX owner. I keep coming back because I appreciate the knowledge base here, and most the people here are good people. I’m also a Dodge/Ram guy more than a Ford guy, but in 2020 I took a a chance on the Raptor, and for the most part enjoyed the truck. My biggest gripe after a little over a year and 10,000ish miles was I couldn’t get over the sound that was piped into the truck (fake engine noise). When Ford teased us with the new release, I hoped for a V8, but that never transpired. Therefor with the market being stupid, I traded my Raptor in on a TRX (Ram gave me $4,000 more than I paid for the Raptor, and took $6,000 off the sticker price of the TRX).

If you take fuel economy out of it, the TRX is a fantastic truck. I think most Raptor guys if they gave it a serious chance could appreciate it. I’m not saying they would switch brands, but I think there would be more respect for the truck. I’d also guess a good portion of TRX owners are former Raptor owners.

I‘ve also said this in the past, if you are somebody who truly goes and plays in the sand and the desert, the Raptor is probably a better vehicle for you. It’s lighter, more nimble, and it does get better fuel economy. If you’re somebody like me, you live in the mountains and you’re doing mostly forest service roads and pounding away on winding two lane highways. For me the fuel economy isn’t a big issue as I put 10,000 miles a year (or less) on my daily driver.

I love both vehicles for what they are and how they approach things. I’m a big Raptor fan, but the TRX fit my personality better. I have high hopes for the Raptor R, but I think it’s going to be a rich man’s truck only, and be pushed well past $100,000 and out of my price range. Only time will tell on the Raptor R.

So yeah, I stick around because I like both trucks, and I appreciate the knowledge found here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20