TRX vs Raptor Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t claim my baja skills are anything special, but I do have an extensive rally background, and watching his video it is clear to me he is nowhere near the limits of either truck. Not even close. It’s sad that this is the only comparison we have to these truck’s capabilities. Credit is due to this guy for trying to put some quality content for a change, but at the same time it doesn’t really say much of anything except that a mediocre driver is able to push the raptor significantly faster around a dirt course. Many stock vehicles are suspension tuned from the factory to cater to average driver’s response patterns, it says nothing to what either of these trucks can really do.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm confused, you own a TRX now and not a Raptor?
Yep I bailed to the TRX until the R comes out... But I love both trucks... I really do... just a little biased now because it's nice to be into a super charged V8 again... And the TRX level 2 interior is really nice... no hanging threads like underneath the headrest on every raptor I've seen...

And unlike the 90 + % of people here who have never driven their raptor off road, the TRX really does hold its own... It really is a beast...

But if the Raptor R is everything they say it's going to be I will be trading my TRX in on that... Already have a couple supposedly on order, Whatever that means from those steelerships...lol

Come on ford, bring that R... SO I can decide!!:angels2:

Last edited:

RaptorND

Reaction score
Yep I bailed to the TRX until the R comes out... But I love both trucks... I really do... just a little biased now because it's nice to be into a super charged V8 again... And the TRX level 2 interior is really nice... no hanging threads like underneath the headrest on every raptor I've seen...

And unlike the 90 + % of people here who have never driven their raptor off road, the TRX really does hold its own... It really is a beast...

But if the Raptor R is everything they say it's going to be I will be trading my TRX in on that... Already have a couple supposedly on order, Whatever that means from those steelerships...lol

Come on ford, bring that R... SO I can decide!!:angels2:

Congrats on the trx and good luck on the R! I will say that no manufacturer is immune from poor quality control. Trx forums have a bunch of quality complaints. Looked into trx heavily before I ordered raptor.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
fake news. I ran with a TRX at Texplex my last outing and he was surprised at how much faster I could go in my stock Gen 2. There's one straightaway I'm certain he could have gotten to a higher speed, but the added front weight and inferior suspension meant he was slower everywhere else.

This should be a surprised to nobody that has actually done this kind of offroading before.
This brings us back to even when the only thing out there was still a Gen 2 or even a Gen 1. How many people are skilled enough to drive the hell out of a Gen 2 and max it out let alone a TRX or Gen 3? It would be great to have a linked truck, but when someone blows by you in a leaf spring Gen 2 that new tech doesn’t make up for your poor skill set.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This brings us back to even when the only thing out there was still a Gen 2 or even a Gen 1. How many people are skilled enough to drive the hell out of a Gen 2 and max it out let alone a TRX or Gen 3? It would be great to have a linked truck, but when someone blows by you in a leaf spring Gen 2 that new tech doesn’t make up for your poor skill set.
It is fun to ride with a better driver (at least for me). You can always pick up little things to work on. My personal favorite thing to watch for is what line each person takes on the course.

belacyrf

Reaction score
Will watch this later.. as it looks interesting. But might be helpful to know that I read a comment from someone today who who owned a TRX and traded it in for a raptor. His opinion was the TRX was fairly 1 dimensional and didn't function well as a package. So I guess each truck is finding it's niche.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Will watch this later.. as it looks interesting. But might be helpful to know that I read a comment from someone today who who owned a TRX and traded it in for a raptor. His opinion was the TRX was fairly 1 dimensional and didn't function well as a package. So I guess each truck is finding it's niche.

If by "niche", you mean "every gas station around", then yeah.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If by "niche", you mean "every gas station around", then yeah.
lol... I found you a good car as your daily, since you are so worried about gas driving a truck!!...

HP is expensive that's for sure! lol

better solution? vote these truck hating liberal Democrat unamerican aholes out of office and get our prices back where they should be by using American energy... Instead of Communist energy....:33:
toyota-prius-1997-models-54058.jpg

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
lol... I found you a good car as your daily, since you are so worried about gas driving a truck!!...

HP is expensive that's for sure! lol

better solution? vote these truck hating liberal Democrat unamerican aholes out of office and get our prices back where they should be by using American energy... Instead of Communist energy....:33:
View attachment 340112

Naw, I'm good with 550 miles a tank.