Truck totaled ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for some advice. Unfortunately, my truck was involved in a front end accident. The local shop my truck was brought to, which i have no intention of having them fix it, gave an estimate of 49k to repair. Now due to the high value of the truck, will they total it? And if they don’t, what grounds do i have to push to have it totaled. Additionally, if it was totaled have you seen them paying for market price or msrp?

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally all up to the insurance company. They have the final say in whether if they want to total it or worth fixing it. I know a member on here had a roll over and insurance company wanted to fix.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics? What was the reasoning for totalled? You want it totalled? Don't like the bodyshop?

So many questions....

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kind of a useless thread. no pics and no info other than a generic description of damage. not one of us has any idea what or how bad the damage is so our opinions dont amass to shit. your insurance company decides when its a total loss, and if they deem it worth to fix, you have no push for total loss. only when repairs exceed the amount threshold. so your only push to have it totaled will be in the body shop. if they find unseen damage or you commit fraud and have them state damage thats not there in order to create the impression of a total loss.