GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

EMPAC623

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about mileage vs. fuel deduction? I’m talking about depreciation of the truck. The IRS thinks your truck has a useful value of 5 years for your business and lets you deduct the loss of value for each year (aka depreciation). As of 2018, you can accelerate that depreciation and deduct it all during the first year of purchase. I’m not a tax advisor—but it’s definitely worth exploring the “bonus depreciation” introduced under Trump’s tax plan with a tax advisor though since these Raptors might be financially a good “work truck”.
Ah yeah I meant like actual cost vs standard mileage. Guess the vehicle itself is different. Isn’t that a red flag tho to add a 76,000 truck to my business on 12/28 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mp_tx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain the dealer “allocation” to me?

If I go down to the local Ford dealership and build a 2019 Raptor, does that automatically become one of the dealer allocations? Or is a separate order, outside the dealer allocation, and it’s up to Ford to pick up the order, schedule, and build—dealer allocation orders from all over the US taking priority?

Ordered a 2019 weeks ago, and my salesman says the order has not been “picked up” by Ford and is just sitting there in cyberspace. I was under the impression it was getting ordered as one of the dealer allocations and the priority rating that comes with that. Want to get educated before I go raise hell.

OP
OP
E

EMPAC623

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain the dealer “allocation” to me?

If I go down to the local Ford dealership and build a 2019 Raptor, does that automatically become one of the dealer allocations? Or is a separate order, outside the dealer allocation, and it’s up to Ford to pick up the order, schedule, and build—dealer allocation orders from all over the US taking priority?

Ordered a 2019 weeks ago, and my salesman says the order has not been “picked up” by Ford and is just sitting there in cyberspace. I was under the impression it was getting ordered as one of the dealer allocations and the priority rating that comes with that. Want to get educated before I go raise hell.

There are plenty of posts on these forums that explain it. In short each dealer gets X number of allocations a year (based on size of dealer and previous sales). So if a dealer gets 1 or a dealer gets 100 allocations any dealer could put in 300 raptor orders but need an allocation to get it scheduled. So you need to ask your dealer if they indeed have an allocation for your order. Otherwise it won’t get pulled. And people with allocations have waited up to 6-8 months from order to build date to delivery. So a few weeks you say may just be the beginning of a long wait. In 2017 I ordered when banks opened end of July on day 1, and I didn’t get scheduled till 12/15, built 1/18 and delivered 2/1.... so 6 months

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Basically, your order gets placed in a queue at your dealer. Simultaneously, your dealer sits in a queue with all other dealers. If you place a retail order with your dealer it will sit there until the dealer gets an "allocation" (moves to the top of Ford's queue) and your order is the top of the dealer's queue. Then the build gets "scheduled".

The priority of your order in the queue at your dealer is set by the dealer. Your dealer's priority in Ford's queue is a function of how many units it sells and how much stock it has on hand.

There are loads of posts on here with more detail.

Spectre06

Reaction score
Updated Scheduled week of 1/14 from FP chat. I'am glad I got some information because even once a week I was afraid I was bothering him. Now on to the dealer to get the VIN.

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had a 19 White Raptor on order, placed the order in October and last time I talked with dealer they had no information around Thanksgiving. I said well I'm sure I won't hear from you until after the first of the year then. So just kept watching dealers and all in the last couple weeks and noticed some 19's coming in. Found a white one about 2 hours away with similar build as mine and dealer would do it at MSRP. Then next day about an hour after letting me know it was still available he calls and says sorry someone called and offered $7K over MSRP. I'm like cool and thanks for your time. So then drive to a local dealer and they had a 19 in Performance blue with graphics and bead locks which I didn't order on my white 19, but man that truck looked SWEET. Dealer said they would do it at MSRP so on Saturday made the deal and will pick it up tomorrow. Then I'm at work Monday morning and I get a call from my original dealer I ordered my truck at and when I called him back he is like guess what? I'm like what he said your white Raptor showed up Sat. evening. I said sorry but I bought a blue one on Saturday but I'm sure you won't have any problem selling the white one especially at MSRP. When I ordered my truck I really wanted the blue but have always liked white and without seeing the blue wasn't going to take that chance. After seeing the blue in person Done Deal.

Dealer has been great to work with and this is my first Raptor so pretty excited about getting it finally. Wanted one since they first come out but always bought something else. So after 7 years in a troublesome F250 time to send it down the road and jump into the 19 Raptor. Hopefully it treats me better LOL

Only dilemma is if I should let my wife drive it home. Reason I say that is on my 99 F150 she did and my 2008 F250 and both were awesome trucks. I drive my 2006 F150 home and had issues. So on 2011 F250 wife drives it home and it had all kinds of issues to include a new engine. So now I'm on the fence of letting her drive the 19 Raptor home or take my chances and drive it home myself LOL

Now time to figure out accessories.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck doesn't handle like a regular truck. I drove mine 2000 miles from Missouri to California. Just beware of the bumps on curves. I experienced one going 80 mph but I knew not to over react and let the truck do its thing.