GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FORDnVWPro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am ok with waiting actually, will make it that much sweeter. And gonna be keeping this thing for a decade I anticipate.

I like the idea of making more money and putting more money down.

I want to get the best possible interest rate , and dont get any of that GAP etc. etc.

Big money down, low interest is what iam after.

It looks like my SCAB wont be down here to South Texas till early March.

;):head3:

PBR ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, just got off FP CHAT. Looks like anther week of not being scheduled. (802a, Recaros, AGATE BLACK SCAB)

I ordered 11/08.

I did glean one tidbit, representative tells me that mostly supercrews are being built(but thats true most of the time anyway right) and that scheduled orders are receiving late December dates.

Any newly scheduled out there, if so what build date?

I am trying to gauge when i can take delivery, Before I file taxes, or after- lol
What’s the link for Ford performance chat?
Only one I found was for parts...
Thanks

EDIT:
I found it!!

https://fmcchat.ford.dxcdynamics.co...parts.ford.com&session=58-1485974158852&SID=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PBR ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was scheduled a week or two ago for the week of 1/21...just confirmed with FP chat...
The order tracker just shows in process tho...no date or window sticker

Tyler_GTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah all they have to do is have the dealer rep email their zone rep and they can find out.

FP Chat just told me the same thing. Tell the dealer to email the zone rep and get the status.

Do you think when my dealer says "its on ramp 59" that update was from the zone rep? He didn't say if it was or wasn't, but if I turn around and ask him to reach out to his zone rep, I'm worried I come off as a jerk.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the section 179 (Hummer tax) conversation.

I'm only speaking for myself but I'd run that past a tax attorney. There's a question in my mind that a flip over cage for a bed extender is not literally a bed over 6 feet. Plus there's the bit about not easily accessible from the cab part, I could see the IRS pointing to your rear window.

It is far better to stay on the good side of our friendly civil servants in the IRS.

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just placed my order today. PB Screw with everything but stickers. Got it for $1 under MSRP LOL. I’ll be happy with late Feb early March. iIt gives me more time to save for a larger down payment and like stated above hopefully interest rates drop. I have excellent credit and the lowest rate I can find is 3.29%. Rates are double of what I got 2 years ago on my wife’s Explorer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Raptor Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just placed my order today. PB Screw with everything but stickers. Got it for $1 under MSRP LOL. I’ll be happy with late Feb early March. iIt gives me more time to save for a larger down payment and like stated above hopefully interest rates drop. I have excellent credit and the lowest rate I can find is 3.29%. Rates are double of what I got 2 years ago on my wife’s Explorer

Try nefcu credit union. Open a saving account put $5 in and your a member. Then get a auto loan. 72 months for 2.95%

FORDnVWPro

Full Access Member
Reaction score

A fellow South Texan! Yes sir. you did good. I went by Red McCombs when looking into ordering, those clowns told me they wanted 10k over sticker. MSRP is reasonable in Bexar County

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bexar sounds like Travis, the day I ordered mine in Fredricksburg the dealers in Austin were all saying $10K over sticker for the ones already on the lot. No hard feelings, they are just getting what the market will bear. But dealers in Texas are paying off their homes for sure!

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A fellow South Texan! Yes sir. you did good. I went by Red McCombs when looking into ordering, those clowns told me they wanted 10k over sticker. MSRP is reasonable in Bexar County

That’s funny. North side called me last night and they are wanting $10K over sticker also.