Truck damaged by transport company

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillVickers

Reaction score
That roof is bonded to the cab, within a jig at the factory. I wouldn't trust anything less, especially with the Pano issues that already exist. I'm not an expert but I wouldn't take that truck. If the law said I'd had to, it would be with a new cab and a rental Raptor for the duration of the repair.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That roof is bonded to the cab, within a jig at the factory. I wouldn't trust anything less, especially with the Pano issues that already exist. I'm not an expert but I wouldn't take that truck. If the law said I'd had to, it would be with a new cab and a rental Raptor for the duration of the repair.
The windshield is bonded too, just saying, it's not such a big deal, any auto body shop that works on new vehicles can handle this repair, i doubt he would ever get a new cab, that would almost be a write off. I personally would just want the roof replaced, why would you want all of those electronics, etc removed and reinstalled, broken clips and shit. Just my opinion, not hating...

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should do a few things:
1. Call your insurance company if you haven't already;
2. Get repair estimate(s) from a qualified shop you would actually have do the work;
3. Call your state contractors or Department of Transportation, whomever in CO that regulates trucking, let them know you are working through a claim with this trucking company-that is what gives teeth to your claim against them for the damages.
4. Get a diminished value appraisal, the last one I had to get last year on my Raptor for a rear-ender cost me $200, but they could be up to around $300...make sure you get the appraiser involved before a shop does the repair, a good appraiser will take pictures when the vehicle is torn down to show any incidental damage as well.
5. Go after them for diminished value, in Oregon where I am it is state law that the owner is entitled to diminished value, and, diminished value can be more if the repairs are done with non-OEM parts, or not done to pre-collision standards.

Good Luck! I had to fight a trucking company for small damages on a Bronco I had in the past, they were a huge pain until I got insurance and the state insurance contractors board involved.

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
Hi all -

Excited to join the community, but sad to say that my new-to-me 2018 SCREW was damaged by an auto transport company shipping it to me in Colorado.

Damage is moderate - the trucking company clipped a tree with the roof of my truck (was on top level), requiring a new roof, sunroof, and windshield.

Trucking company is trying to do everything to get out of it - including telling me I’m lucky that I spotted it, or they would have taken it to a chop shop to do a hack job before delivering it to me :(

I’m curious if anyone else has dealt with a similar situation. Also, did you pursue diminished value?

TIA!
You caught me at a bad time. First of all, I know how much my Raptor means to me. I just went through the same shit with a parts supplier. Item arrived damaged and they want me to pay to ship it back or just fix it myself. I don't give a flying Walenda if it was my $100 power supply or my $72,000 truck, You damage it, man up and fix it - It's called customer service. Screw them. You're not asking for them to perform a miracle. Man that ****** me off!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have them buy you a new truck. they can fix it and sell it. i know its a smaller scale, but if we ever screw something up, we replace it. its business, shit happens sometimes. its how you go about making it right that determines the end result. this end result may not be in favor of the business

Rollofire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they replace the whole roof you could get one with no Pano roof and skip all the problems they cause down the road. If not I would have it repaired and sell it / replace it with another Raptor!