Truck damaged by transport company

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my brother works for Manheim (the biggest auto auction and transport company in the country).

he's had dinners with actual truck drivers (they take him out to dinner to earn his business). he was pretty good friends with one apparently...guy brought down a tesla from his haul and offered him a joy ride. apparently taking joy rides with vehicles they are transporting is not unusual.

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 1960 Lincoln damaged during transport a few years back; 10k worth of damage. The shipping company wanted to fix the car at their repair shop, but I had to refuse their offer. They didn't like the fact that I wanted to have the car repaired at a shop of my choice, so they gave me the run around. I had to get my lawyer involved and in the end, the car was fixed and I got some extra coin in my pocket. The shipping company should have insurance. Hope it works out man.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with @Terp that they tried to load it on a lower level and crushed the roof. I’ve seen new trucks arriving at the dealership get scrapped because of that kind of roof damage from transportation. I’d definitely be asking for diminished value.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was definitely a tree hit, I transport new vehicles to the dealers (new cars only). The Raptors doesn’t fit on the bottom because they are two wide, top back or front of the trailer is the only place they fit. That guy hit a nice thick tree branch. Take those guys to the cleaners or get a lawyer, amateur hour with those guys. If you have a overhead hit you do whatever you can to make it right not be a douchbag and Weasel out of it.