TRR Request (big one)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
im all for keeping things quiet until after insurance is dealt with

how does your insurance work down there though? Does it stipulate offroad driving is not covered? If so, I dont blame the insurance companies one bit for denying a claim that was caused by offroading. Gotta remember, they are a business, and not a charity. So I have to agree a bit with dirtnasty. If you cant afford to possibly fix a few grand worth of shit on your truck, dont run it hard.

If i was to attend the event, I would drive as if I had no insurance. things would turn out much better that way

However, that being said, it would suck to see someone fail at committing insurance fraud due to someone elses urge to post something online.

all about having the right coverage for your intended uses. If you have offroad coverage, shouldn't matter at all what people post. If you dont, well, dont wreck your truck offroad lol. no one to blame but yourself if you do.

just the way I see it. its like the bent frame and ford warranty debacle.
you drive the truck beyond its limits, of course it wont be covered by warranty. So if you drive the truck beyond your insurance's limits, it wont be covered.

might sound harsh, but its the truth.

so, after that long winded post, I hope no one has issues, and if they do, I hope people respect the premise of this thread, and give people a chance at getting insurance if they need it.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't make it and love the pic's of the event. I hope to see more with all the photographers that will be there like set up camps, trucks, and crowds. I don't wish carnage on anyone but like nascar why else do you watch it. however them dudes are getting paid so unless you want to break out the cash I say keep it tight.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Considering the carnage that could have occurred last year, my opinion is that we did well. Sure, there were a few things that happened that were covered by warranty and at least one other even that could have been covered by insurance. Unless it's your truck, keep the info sharing to a minimum. Let the owner do the talking and deal with the repercussions....good or bad.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
good thread.

honestly i dont want to see carnage. i just want to see the raptor in its natural habitat doing its thing, jumping, dirt drifting, dropping panites....u know all the usual stuff the raptor does better than anything else

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about not putting your self in a situation where you could total your car if you are not ready to pay out of pocket?

Just sayin, if you arent willing to pay you probably should not be playing that hard.

These trucks are more then capable of cruising around TRR at a tempo that is fun/exhilarating and still not ending up in the land of "totaled my ride". If you arent able and willing to spend a few thousand in broken parts at any time you should not be driving this type of truck on a track where you are almost always a few thousand away from "getting back to stock".

Just be smart and cautious if you cant afford to be stupid and fast.

30437775.jpg

This is where you and I part ways.

We're not talking about "just" a "few thousand" for broken parts. Shit happens and that's what insurance is for.

Being "smart and cautious" will NEVER GUARANTEE shit doesn't happen. And shit happens even when you're not being "stupid and fast."

Shit-happens-1-560x280.jpg

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Good request and I hope everyone abides by it.

Driving off-road is not the issue here. With all the coverage of TRR and the way it was setup (closed course and numbered vehicles) any insurance company could view that as a "race" and deny your claim if they come across pics of your truck on the internet.

It's just a good rule of thumb to never post pics of your accidents and especially not pics of accidents of other people. You never know who is watching.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed 100% with the OP. These are the same guidelines that were requested at the Snoball 500 and it was followed by all without exception for the one mishap that did happen. :headbang:

P.S. - Please dont take any pictures of me washing my privates in a bucket in the camping area either!!

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good request and I hope everyone abides by it.

Driving off-road is not the issue here. With all the coverage of TRR and the way it was setup (closed course and numbered vehicles) any insurance company could view that as a "race" and deny your claim if they come across pics of your truck on the internet.

It's just a good rule of thumb to never post pics of your accidents and especially not pics of accidents of other people. You never know who is watching.

This post hit the nail on the head. These types of organized events can be considered as a race or track day and unless you buy specialized race ins your full coverage may not cover you so the online postings may be used against you.

Driving beoynd the limits of you, the truck, or terrain we can all agree is bad but we all make mistakes and that is why we have ins. I agree that public posting of pics or even posting a discussion of the event could be detrimental.

This is a great idea and should be a point made at each event, also the moderators of the forms should monitor and remove these types of posts if they make to the web. This is in no way to hide or commit fraud it is about not escalating the issue for the owner letting them handel their issue the way they feel best.

Last edited:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Thanks Matt for the reminder. We really effed it up last year on this one. Learned my lesson.