TRR Request (big one)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Just to clarify, DirtNasty, I don't think anyone here is talking insurance fraud. I have had enough dealings with insurance claims to know if there's a way they can get out of paying, they'll do it. Life is not always black and white and a lot of times it's just you pleading your case against a multi-million dollar company with an army of lawyers on staff.

You may think you're covered (since this event is not classified as a race) and then someone posts a video that the insurance company can dissect and easily misinterpret (because they weren't there).

Let's not help make their case. Let's look out for our Raptor brothers.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having been at both spectrum's of this debate (TRR last year (not me btw) and my barrel roll of my PreRunner, both of which had pictures put up by people other than me).
I had the argument with the insurance company over the numbers on the truck. After rolling the truck, someone wrote on my back window in the dust "Go fast or go home". All of which was brought up by the insurance company from pictures posted in the internet. It was loads of fun.

Stupidity deserves an audience. Having witnessed several dozen stupidity moves over the years with cars and trucks, pictures and video's are going to come out regardless of what is said here.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truth will set you free! Just to clarify my position I am all for the idea of common sense and taking responsibility for your own actions. That includes how you drive and what you post about yourself or others. If I implied I am in favor of fraud I am most deffinety not! I just think it is a good idea to state the obvious about these types of public postings (the point of the original topic here) at the start of each event.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had a chipped windshield, a bent/scratched running board, a wheel fall off, my 4wd stop working properly, and a smashed towing outlet - and ALL of it was on the highway! Insurance or Ford took care of everything. Shit happens everywhere!

Well, actually I paid for the towing connection. I backed into a small wooden post in someone's driveway.

My insurance company didn't say "why do you have a chase rack, a monster winch bumper, two spares, a racing jack, and a fast fill gas jug". But if they did, I sure wouldn't want pictures of me off-roading in a "race like" environment.

They ARE insuring a vehicle specifically made for off-road activity. But I can see them saying "you didn't read the fine print".

So, you're drinking at a bar but not drunk. On the way home you flip your car. The police don't even suspect you were drinking and your car is towed away. The next day your buddies post pics on Facebook of you doing shots and dancing on the table with your shirt off. The insurance company gets wind of the pics and accuses you of drinking and driving and denies your claim. By not telling the police or the insurance company you were drinking, does that mean your tried to fraud the insurance company. No you weren't, but your buddies' Facebook posts cast a negative light on your situation and got you screwed.

FRF is a community, so everyone start communing!! Can I hear a sir, yes sir? I can't hearrr youuuu!!!

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Guys and gals, Texas Motorworx has a unique approach to this issue this year, and will be discussing it with everyone at the Raptor Run. With your assistance, it will go a very long way in protection. As a sponsor of the event, we want to make sure everyone has an awesome time, stays safe and experiences what the Raptor was made to do. More details to come at the run. See you there!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's just a good rule of thumb to never post pics of your accidents and especially not pics of accidents of other people. You never know who is watching.

And you can be SURE SOMEONE IS WATCHING (this site and any others including YouTube, etc.).

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Stupidity deserves an audience. Having witnessed several dozen stupidity moves over the years with cars and trucks, pictures and video's are going to come out regardless of what is said here.

No, that's not true. Pics won't "come out regardless".

Pictures should not be taken and if they are they most definitely SHOULD NOT BE POSTED.

And I've seen plenty of things happen where pics (1) were NOT TAKEN because the people there KNEW what might happen if they were, (2) were taken BUT WERE NOT POSTED because the people there KNEW what might happen if they were.

We're talking primarily about Raptor events where the participants and passengers know what they're getting into and they need to know what might happen if (1) they take pics and videos and/or (2) if they post them.

The more this is talked about the more people this message will reach.

This needs to be taken seriously because, as I said, IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU and given enough time and off road (or on road) miles, IT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU. :signs6:

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Depends on what his insurance defines a race as now doesnt it, again if people want to avoid the above scenario they need to go in it with the right mentality.

1. What i break i pay for.
2. I need to get the right insurance coverage if #1 isnt an option.
3. If i cant do #1 or #2 dont drive so hard as to put yourself in a position where this even matters.

It also comes back to understanding exactly what your insurance will cover, and if they are going to be ***** about things. If they are ***** about things prepare to lawyer up or eat the costs. This all should of course be explored ahead of time (e.g. your lawyer should already understand the situation and the verbage in the contract you executed with your insurance company).

Basically this shit is common sense shit people, not sure why it even needs to be drawn out our discussed. We as individuals may define a race differently then the insurance company (who is going to define it as loosely as possible, organized, closed course, multiple parties on "road" at same time, etc).

28027572.jpg

If it's "common sense" then WHY DON'T YOU GET IT?!

People can drive like grannies. But grannies still have accidents.

People can get the best insurance available. But insurance companies still would rather not pay money out (it's about the P&L doncha know).

People can not take or post pictures. And then the insured parties can have a better chance at getting paid by their insurance carrier.

People DON'T HAVE TO HAVE OR BE WILLING TO SPEND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OUT OF POCKET TO PAY FOR REPAIRS TO THEIR VEHICLE when shit happens.

Why don't you use your common sense and "get it?!"

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Hey Dirt, do you even know the specifics of the incident in question? I'm not saying to defraud an insurance agency. I don't post about or post pics of any accident I'm in. Why would I give free access to information that an insurance agency can interpret on their own? They are in a business and paying out on claims goes against the bottom line. To think that they don't look at every option to deny a claim is naïve on your part.