Battery draining overnight 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad_hartpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2022 with pano, 2k power, recaros. Battery is draining when parked for extended period of time (8hrs+). Had factory 2yr old battery tested and alternator as well, both good. Thought maybe I wasn’t driving enough to fully charge it so I put a battery tender on it overnight. Problem cured for 2 days then battery dead (11.53 volts) again. Replaced battery with Oddysey with same CCA rating. Drained over a volt overnight. Any insight as to what may be drawing power?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You likely have a short. I had one a couple of years ago, and tracked the problem to dust contamination in the electrical socket on the trailer hitch. A blast of compressed air solved the problem, and now I check that every so often. If you have electrical accessories installed as most of us do, do a thorough inspection of the wiring.

OP
OP
Brad_hartpro

Brad_hartpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You likely have a short. I had one a couple of years ago, and tracked the problem to dust contamination in the electrical socket on the trailer hitch. A blast of compressed air solved the problem, and now I check that every so often. If you have electrical accessories installed as most of us do, do a thorough inspection of the wiring.
I have a Uniden R8 radar detector and Cobb tuner plugged in and that is it. I plan on unplugging one each night over the weekend to see if it’s either.

Waaptuh

Reaction score
I had something similar happen to me on another car and it turned out to be the security system. I guess it wouldn’t turn off so it would drain the battery. Took the dealer 4 separate visits to figure it out

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 22 37PP will literally drain 1/2 the battery in 12 hours or less...if....the key is within 20ft of it. I have to store my key across the house up 2 floors in order to keep it far enough away to avoid battery drain.