Trophy Truck Builder Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys -

I recently asked my company about coming up with $500,000 to sponsor a Trophy Truck for the Baja 1000, and they want to know more.

I'm looking for some expertise to support my bid. Specifically, I'm looking for someone who has built a Trophy Truck before, and someone who knows what it takes to go from nothing to a successful finish.

I'd prefer someone who lives in the L.A. area.

Thanks!!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brady, that's cool. We might have a few members in the SoWest group who can provide input. I will touch base with Richie who is in Havasu area as he has offroad experience.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about the man himself, Greg Foutz?

I've spoken with him in the past. I could try to get you guys in touch?

OP
OP
bradyh20

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That'd be awesome. I should be very clear that this is high risk right now.

I need to bring a proposal to my VP that includes, cost, schedule, and how I'm going to guarantee a positive ROI. I'm hoping that someone with experience here can help me with some of this.

I've found a few sources that allude to cost:

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/experts/articles/06252003pickuptruck.jsp
http://www.desertrides.com/reference/racing_classes.php

But I can't find much more than that. What I also want to know is where we can cut cost and how long it takes to go from nothing to "ready to finish."
I should also figure out how competitive the truck needs to be to get different levels of media exposure.
I'd also like to show how much high-speed desert racing is growing as a sport. I want to sell this as a "cheap" time to get into the sport and make a name for a company.

I'm hoping to put together a good package, so that even if my company declines, I can take it to others until I get a bite.

And lastly...who wants to drive it!! lol

MW_Racing

Reaction score
Bradyh20,

If your company is still interested in getting into the business end of Desert racing please send me a private message immediately. I have a team with an experience driver with a proven track record of winning, and a truck that is near completion. We are currently shopping sponsors for the upcoming 2012 race season.

Bstoner59,

The only problem with Brenthel Industries it that there are none of their trucks out there racing. I don't think they even have one built. Their site only shows a CAD drawing.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I need to bring a proposal to my VP that includes, cost, schedule, and how I'm going to guarantee a positive ROI. I'm hoping that someone with experience here can help me with some of this.

But I can't find much more than that. What I also want to know is where we can cut cost and how long it takes to go from nothing to "ready to finish."
I should also figure out how competitive the truck needs to be to get different levels of media exposure.
I'd also like to show how much high-speed desert racing is growing as a sport. I want to sell this as a "cheap" time to get into the sport and make a name for a company.
You're going to blow through most if not all you're 500K just building the truck if you go with most TT builders if you want to be competitive. The cost to build the truck is ridiculously low but the mark up is insanely high just because of the name Trophy Truck. I would suggest talking to Jason at GMR Trophy Truck |
I wouldn't be suprised if you could get the truck built for 100K depending on you're drive train package

Bradyh20,
Bstoner59,

The only problem with Brenthel Industries it that there are none of their trucks out there racing. I don't think they even have one built. Their site only shows a CAD drawing.
Not true.
131.jpg