Trans dead (couple months after replacing the motor)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jason Krakauer

Jason Krakauer

Reaction score
did you end up doing the upgrades to the trans? There is a raybestos kit on the market that seems to work well.

My trans guy works R&D for Raybestos out of his shop... he was able to get some of their new kit to plug into my unit at no additional costs over stock. They also asked for a few of the oddly-warn friction disks so they could use them in their own analysis. I had plans on using a billet torque converter as an upgrade into my trans too - but the cost differential was like $500 and I just didn't want to mess around w/ that after all was said and done.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
My trans guy works R&D for Raybestos out of his shop... he was able to get some of their new kit to plug into my unit at no additional costs over stock. They also asked for a few of the oddly-warn friction disks so they could use them in their own analysis. I had plans on using a billet torque converter as an upgrade into my trans too - but the cost differential was like $500 and I just didn't want to mess around w/ that after all was said and done.

I'm interested in hearing your impression on the trans kit. I have a feeling that there is one in my future.

OP
OP
Jason Krakauer

Jason Krakauer

Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing your impression on the trans kit. I have a feeling that there is one in my future.

I'll let you guys know after the extensive re-learn ... his ask is that we go 2-wks, bring it back for a check-up and start the paddle-shift learn-in. Then another 3wks and check for fluid leaks/performance/codes and diagnostics.

meanwhile, I should prob. stop abbreviating my transmission guy as "trans guy" ... someone getting the wrong impression

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll let you guys know after the extensive re-learn ... his ask is that we go 2-wks, bring it back for a check-up and start the paddle-shift learn-in. Then another 3wks and check for fluid leaks/performance/codes and diagnostics.

meanwhile, I should prob. stop abbreviating my transmission guy as "trans guy" ... someone getting the wrong impression
e6c1968e4e092f65115fd3f53b3c4bce.jpg