Tranmission Finally Got Me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier; Magnuson moss only applies to OEM equivalent parts. So if you bring your vehicle to the dealer for SYNC update, they can't void your engine warranty because you have a Mobil 1 oil filter and not a Motorcraft. The exception to that is when the aftermarket part is directly attributed to the failure. For example, a Fram oil filter coming apart and the filter media being sucked through the oil pump.

In the case of this transmission issue, its all dependent on what the dealer finds upon teardown and inspection. The failure will be electrical related (pinched/chafed wire, faulty shift solenoid, faulty speed sensor, etc.) or mechanical related (sticking clutch control valve, leaking clutch piston, cracked transmission fluid filter housing, etc.). In the event that they find no electrical concerns or control component concerns and damage is present such as burnt clutches/steels, damaged planetary gear teeth, or a cracked planetary carrier, this will most likely be attributed to the additional load on the transmission from the tune.

Note that it is also possible that the TCM may have the following DTC stored in memory, which is an indication of an aftermarket calibration being installed at some point (but not necessarily present at this time).

P064F:00 Unauthorized Software/Calibration Detected: No Sub Type Information

Please let us know what they find.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am pulling my truck from this dealership.

I will let you all know what I want to do. I am thinking about clearing these codes and doing a simple unplug of the battery terminal to reset a few things and seeing if all this mess still occurs. Majority of the codes may go away. I know the CELs would go away if I had a tune because of the FMIC and exhaust... but of course putting a tune back on it would be bad for dealerships.

TK421

Reaction score
Mine was bone stock. Since owning it the transmission made grinding noises all year long. The dealership constantly said it was fine and they can’t find anything. I Replaced all the vacuum lines, replaced the hub actuators since they are known to loose vacuum and leak. Nothing helped. Even went as far as buying new axles, replaced the hub actuators for the 4wd and put solid pieces in, flushed the trans at the dealer etc. The dealership did the recall and reflashed the computer too.

Was driving on the freeway and it was stuck in 3rd gear, wouldn’t manually shift either. Once I slowed down it started to upshift into 5th and 6th. Still don’t know what’s wrong. The dealerships are useless