long time ford guy finally got a gen1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mr H

Mr H

Reaction score
A Nice truck is like a Nice A$$. You gonna turn and look every time you see one.
Nice Truck!!!!

been about 4 months now and i am still amazed at the 6.2. not the power of an EB raptor but for an naturally aspirated v8, it sure likes to pull all the way to redline and willing to rev at any RPM. my 5.4 truck was a little underwhelming over about 40-50mph.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
been about 4 months now and i am still amazed at the 6.2. not the power of an EB raptor but for an naturally aspirated v8, it sure likes to pull all the way to redline and willing to rev at any RPM. my 5.4 truck was a little underwhelming over about 40-50mph.
Here's the most important measurement of whether or not it was the right purchase:

Do you grin like an idiot when you drive your Raptor?

My guess is that most people on frf do.

OP
OP
Mr H

Mr H

Reaction score
Here's the most important measurement of whether or not it was the right purchase:

Do you grin like an idiot when you drive your Raptor?

My guess is that most people on frf do.

lol, just a bit. first time i did a fast run on some dirt i literally lol’ed at the end. 50-60mph up a well bladed twisty road

then just last weekend we went north of tucson…willow springs rd to dudleyville. 60-65mph and didnt feel i was pushing. if it was a closed course a guy could do 75-80 on some time.

i’ll get my buddy to do a ride along and go-pro it to post.

ya these trucks are pretty fun for a production ride. the manual shifting is nice for the dirt.

this was on a detour on our dudleyville loop….

Attachments

• IMG_3387.jpeg
    IMG_3387.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 19