New member here hoping to own a raptor soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Southocplumber

Reaction score
Gen 2 fits what you’re looking for since you want light and fast. Although I would find it hard to justify buying a 5-6 year old vehicle with 50k and when a brand new Gen 3 with a full warranty is only (relative) $20k more.

However, if you can find a Gen 2 in your price range that is in excellent condition with lower miles and fully documented maintenance records, that would be a compelling buy.
Yeah but all raptors are sold at 10-15k over msrp , local big seller Ken Grody here in SoCal says they only sell dealer stock , they would let me order a f250 tremor at msrp but no raptor , seems like average gen2 with loaded features 2017-18 with 50k miles is around $60,000 , new msrp is around 82k then add the 15k markup. Some ram dealers are selling loaded $95k trx for $10k under msrp but I’d be bummed getting 8-10mpg with 91 octane. The whole car market blows right now

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but all raptors are sold at 10-15k over msrp , local big seller Ken Grody here in SoCal says they only sell dealer stock , they would let me order a f250 tremor at msrp but no raptor , seems like average gen2 with loaded features 2017-18 with 50k miles is around $60,000 , new msrp is around 82k then add the 15k markup. Some ram dealers are selling loaded $95k trx for $10k under msrp but I’d be bummed getting 8-10mpg with 91 octane. The whole car market blows right now
Have you looked out of state? California dealers are known for their ridiculous price markups. I searched Nationwide for the color/options I wanted at or below MSRP; I traveled from MI to southern Kentucky to buy mine.

OP
OP
S

Southocplumber

Reaction score
Have you looked out of state? California dealers are known for their ridiculous price markups. I searched Nationwide for the color/options I wanted at or below MSRP; I traveled from MI to southern Kentucky to buy mine.
I think I’m gonna make a post asking for dif dealer info in a few months when order books open back up, i don’t have a problem with going out of state especially for a brand new truck because I don’t really need to do inspection it should be brand new mint ( that would be more of a hassle with used ) I also want to have over 50k to put down because regardless of how much money I do or don’t make I don’t find it financially smart to have a $1000 month payment when I’m the sole provider for wife and 3 kids and the truck will be only used sometimes on weekends and for family road trips. It would be easier to convince wife into super truck if I have huge down payment. I appreciate everybody’s advice and tips it is extremely ****** up and difficult being a buyer right now

PK37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptors must be the official truck of plumbers !! I own and operate a water treatment company (1 employee..me) and same as SouthOc said… you can do well being a straight shooter, reputation and honesty is everything in the trades …. The franchise guys I compete against don’t get it…. Lol