2018 Used Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptornador

Reaction score
Just got it the other day. 70K+ on the odo, loaded, lead foot grey. Looks like new mostly but some wear in the interior as can be expected with that mileage.

I looked at a REALLY clean gen 1 but coming from a 2009 f150 the interior was almost identical...so I couldnt do it. But LOVED that motor sound!!

The gen 2 is a lot sweeter as far as interior and the creature comforts. While the motor doesnt sound great it's not that bad and pulls better for sure. On a road trip in the mountains I got 20. Cant beleive that.

The plan for this vehicle is I needed something that would tow a 6k travel trailer along with a dirt bike 2 suit case generators, gas, 2 passengers. The idea was to have a rig to tow, drop off at campsite and have a well suspended truck to go exploring with the wife. Raptor seems to fit the bill.

I tested it off road here in AZ. At first just a long bumpy, sand in spots, Forest Road. I aired the tires down to 20psi and went to test. While airing down I noticed a brand new chevy trail boss or whatever trail name they gave it go down that FS road. I finished airing and took off aggressively.

Soon I came up on the chevy and while he was going at a reasonable pace he was slowing me down. He would not pull over for quite some time and there was no way to pass. I waited for a spot to get around him and finally there was and nailed the pedal. Wholly smokes this thing rips! Had no idea, and passed him way to aggressively. I really didnt intend on doing that but then again he wouldnt pull over. lol

I blared the rest of the way to the top and was quite impressed. I next tried some aggressive trails with rock gardens en such. While a nail biter, I was able to do it fine, but really pushed it's limits. I probably will never do it again but nice to know it can do it if needed and that's what I bought it for.

I have to say, this truck is FUN. My plans with the help of this forum is to either have the suspension rebuilt or upgraded. I really dont want a lift but would consider better leaf springs.

Also plan on doing a texas baja roadtrip next year so I want it set up accordingly.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My plans with the help of this forum is to either have the suspension rebuilt or upgraded. I really dont want a lift but would consider better leaf springs.
Welcome. Post a pic before end of day or you will be flamed bad by these dudes and probably me as well. ;)

You can upgrade the shocks at most of the rebuild places. Deaver leaf springs are great. Call the aforementioned places for your best use.
Use the search feature on here, lots of good info.
Enjoy your truck, I bought my 18 new and still love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter