2018 Used Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptornador

Raptornador

Reaction score
Should had a V8

Welcome!
The gen 1 I looked at was almost like new with 82k on it. The motor sounded so healthy and listening to it with the hood up it was like a sewing machine. I read where the border patrol bought a few and now have 200-300k on them and they are still in use. I read it but cant verify if true, but I wouldnt doubt it.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.
#PrimerForTheWin

Don't install a lift kit. Leave that crap to the peasant vehicles.

Shocks need to be rebuilt every 40k miles. Or you can upgrade from the blue tops to a aftermarket Fox or King set up. Icon is used also but most use Fox or King.

Get bump stops before blasting on a trail again.

You will want Deaver rear springs and a WDH for towing. Raptor is not ment for towing and there us a wide split here on FRF. Tons of threads on this topic.

rngrjcw275

Reaction score
I put airbags on my 18 in the rear, helps out greatly towing, the rest is stock. Just air down bags to 5-7psi when not in use and you have that Raptor suspension right back.

OP
OP
Raptornador

Raptornador

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.
#PrimerForTheWin

Don't install a lift kit. Leave that crap to the peasant vehicles.

Shocks need to be rebuilt every 40k miles. Or you can upgrade from the blue tops to a aftermarket Fox or King set up. Icon is used also but most use Fox or King.

Get bump stops before blasting on a trail again.

You will want Deaver rear springs and a WDH for towing. Raptor is not ment for towing and there us a wide split here on FRF. Tons of threads on this topic.
Yeah, I'd rather not lift it for sure.
Every 40k? wow, so the ride is going to be that much better. Cool! lol

How much better are the aftermarket shocks vs rebuilt stock?

Good info on the bump stops Didnt know I needed them

Not meant for towing? Does a pretty good job of it on my 6klb Jayco. Quite a bit better than my 2009 f150 with more payload and 10.3k to capacity. Maybe it just sucked by comparison. lol Regardless I will definitely check on some forum info. Good stuff, thanks.