New member here hoping to own a raptor soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Southocplumber

Reaction score
Easy choice for me....I don't like dodge and have not for many years (many reasons) but as has been mentioned before. Depends on what you want to do with it. If you want a drag truck ....go dodge, if you want an off road, overland truck then the Raptor.
Neither really just want a all around truck that’s light , easy to drive , fun for a little play , fast enough to feel like it has some pepper and strong enough to pull a small lake boat or -5k travel trailer. General purpose family truck

OP
OP
S

Southocplumber

Reaction score
really would like used at 60k or under so I had room for the 30k boat or tt , a new raptor or trx would make that really tough , just worried about a 2017-18 with 50k miles that previous owners rode it hard like it was made for , I like to own trucks for 10+ years

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
really would like used at 60k or under so I had room for the 30k boat or tt , a new raptor or trx would make that really tough , just worried about a 2017-18 with 50k miles that previous owners rode it hard like it was made for , I like to own trucks for 10+ years
Most never go hard off road. And all you have to do to check is crawl underneath and see if the skids are beat. Personally, I'd worry more about what on-road stupidity might have happened. Drag racing will likely be harder on it than anything else. And tunes are popular. I'd take it to Ford and have them check whether it was ever tuned. I wouldn't buy a truck that ever ran a tune.

OP
OP
S

Southocplumber

Reaction score
Most never go hard off road. And all you have to do to check is crawl underneath and see if the skids are beat. Personally, I'd worry more about what on-road stupidity might have happened. Drag racing will likely be harder on it than anything else. And tunes are popular. I'd take it to Ford and have them check whether it was ever tuned. I wouldn't buy a truck that ever ran a tune.
I agree , good point I’ll see if I can do that . Thanks

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 2 fits what you’re looking for since you want light and fast. Although I would find it hard to justify buying a 5-6 year old vehicle with 50k and when a brand new Gen 3 with a full warranty is only (relative) $20k more.

However, if you can find a Gen 2 in your price range that is in excellent condition with lower miles and fully documented maintenance records, that would be a compelling buy.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You seem to have about 40k or so waiting for a vehicle. Tons of RAPTORS for sale, go ahead and get yeee one? Don't think about it too much.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of shitbags like that down here, I’m owner of company and it’s just me , I make plenty of money being a straight shooter. Want blue truck cause my company is Bluewater plumbing
Glad to hear it. Too few honest contractors left in this world. An honest man who stands behind his work will always be able to make a living and still have friends.